Chapter 36

Ace POV.

I heard my sister crying while shouting my name and that was enough for me to bolt out of my bed. I was in my pyjamas and furthermore no one would care. I walked out of my room, went to theirs but I couldn't find anyone. I heard some noise downstairs and I walked over. Something was wrong but I could not phase what was wrong.

I met everyone there apart from Adrianna and Ivan.

"What's wrong? Why are you screaming while shouting my name?" I said.

"Iv….an….Ivan is gone," she said in between her cries.

"What do you mean Ivan is gone?" I asked because I was pretty confused.

"Son, all our men are down. We were under attack," Dad said and I did not believe what he said so I walked out of the house to look for my men but all of them were down.

How did this happen?

"When? How?" I asked.

"As usual, you know Abigail or I always wake him at midnight so that he can drink some water," Mike started explaining and I nodded my head urging him to continue. "She went to wake him up but she found his bed empty. She woke me up and we started searching for him around the house and in the process we found all of our men down."

I was beyond furious. How did this happen in my own house? I started punching the wall and throwing things near me. Mom and dad were shouting at me to stop but I was so angry and I didn't listen to them.

We heard some footsteps and I stopped to look at who it was.

"What's with all this noise?" Adrianna asked as she entered the living room. She looked around, I guess to see who was present in the first place. She was not guilty awake, the way she talked and walked betrayed her.

"Ivan…." Abigail tried saying but she was crying.

"What about him?" she asked, struggling to stay up but her eyes were open .

"He is gone," Mike said and that is when She was fully awake. She was so angry and I wondered why she was angry. It is not like Ivan is her child or nothing. In fact, she is a stranger to him.

"What the hell do you mean that he is gone?" She snapped and we all flinched.

"There was an attack in the house but they attacked our men silently. That is why we didn't hear anything. When Abigail went to check on Ivan, she found he was missing and that is when we realised all our men were dead," I explained. She nodded her head. I don't know why she isn't talking and I know she is bursting on the inside, that, I can tell.

"Are you sure your mafia is the most feared?" She asked angrily and I was furious. Who does she think she is talking to me like that? "Honestly you have a mole in your mafia and still haven't noticed." How could she tell that with just a short time?"Pray to God that I get that kid in the next forty eight hours cause if I don't, I will kill you," she said while glaring at me. Wait, did she just threaten me? I really wanted to beat the shit out of her but I couldn't.

Looking at the others, they were all shocked no one dares to threaten a don in his own home and get away with it. Where did she get all this courage in the first place? Immediately she said those words, she didn't wait for anyone else to talk, she just got out of the house and we later heard the engine of a car engine starting.

"Don't really blame her," dad said.

"She has gotten close with Ivan over a short period of time. You saw what happened at dinner," mom said.

It is true but that doesn't mean that she should threaten me! How is it my fault in the first place? I know believe her when she says that there is a mole.in our midst. How come everything was well calculated, we didn't even hear a single noise! The person even knows which Ivan's room is. I really hate myself now. I know get why Adrianna is blaming me. Deciding to excuse myself from them, I walked to the security footage room to watch it so that I can see whether I will see who they were or at least what they looked like. I discovered that every CCTV was hacked at that moment and I couldn't get anything from them. Sometimes it bothers me that every mafia has a hacker so they can hack the cameras before doing the damage that they are planning. Having enough of looking and replacing the footage. I walked back to the living room.