Chapter 59

Adrianna POV.

"Did you have to choose that car?" Ivy asked angrily making me raise my eyebrow unto her.

"Why can't you understand it? We told the guy to call after thirty minutes or did you want us to keep loitering around the shop till the time passes and we won't be able to talk to him later on," I said trying my best to keep calm.

"Oh, sorry I forget," she said in a low tone as a way to show that she was in wrong and was embarrassed making me roll my eyes.

"Can you text him and tell him to call immediately," I said as I walked towards the grey three-sitter couch.

"Alright," she said as she took out her phone.

"I hope that he passed the interview and will be able to always get inside,"she sat on the couch across me.

"Let us hope for the best," I said as I looked down to see what Jasmine was doing cause she was really disturbing me.

"Ma..ma," she called out as soon as she realised that I was looking at her.

Raising my eyebrows to her as a clue to indicate that she should tell me what she wanted, I heard her sighing in distress, making me chuckle.

"What do you want to do, baby?" I asked as I raised her up.

"Ma...ma. d...oo," she said and I suppressed the laughter which was nearly evading my mouth.

I heard a chuckle and we both turned to Ivy. "I never thought that I would become a good teacher. I feel humbled and honored," she said with pride.

"You? Humble? If you were really humble then I guess you shouldn't be the one complimenting yourself. You are supposed to wait till another person compliments you, idiot," I told her.

"We both know that if I had to wait for you to compliment me then, I would never see that day no matter how long I wait for it," she said and I shook my head.

"Okay, baby. I will put you down so that you can play with your toys but don't make any noise," I said as I put her on the mat and near her toys which Ivy opted never to collect claiming that it would be time saving when the kid wants to play and no one is in the mood of standing and going upstairs to pick them up for her.

Immediately I did that, we heard the phone ringing. I gestured Ivy to follow me to the resting room so that to avoid the person on the other line from hearing Jassy's voice as she laughed and talked while she played. After getting in, she picked up the call.

"Boss," the other line saying with full of respect and admiration.

"Have you passed their test?" Ivy asked immediately making me sigh since that was not the best way to start a conversation even if you were talking to your subordinate.

"Madam, yes I have but that's not the reason as to why am calling," he said. That simple sentence was enough to get all of our attention. Even I who was listening while looking at Jassy's direction turning my head and looked at the phone keenly as I waited for his next sentence since I knew that it would either be a good thing to us or a bad thing. Either way, we had to be prepared mentally.

"You all know that I specialize in poison, therefore, I applied for been a chef in the house but luckily, after they tested my cooking skills, I was sent directly to the main house. That's Elijah's house," he said.

"Does that mean that you can access the main house?" I asked cause that whom be considered as good news to us.

"Yes, boss. I have already toured the whole house and I have gotten to know the black spots, the places with aren't under surveillance and also the places which people aren't residing," he said humbly but that didn't matter cause we were already proud of his success.