Chapter 20

Adrianna POV.

I was woken up by the sunrays which had found their way to my room. I wondered what time it was. Dragging myself out of bed, I went to the bathroom to do my daily routine. I really had a busy day ahead of me. It has been two weeks since the Charity ball. We had found where Sister Anne was admitted. Ivy and I took the responsibility of constructing the children's home. Yes, there were obstacles but we managed to fight them. Today, we will be completing the arrangements there so that they can move in. They have been living in Victor's building. He didn't have a choice because he knew that we still wouldn't listen to him.

Walking into the closet, I took a black ragged jeans and a red crop sweater. I was going to meet the kids so it won't be wise for me to wear white. I then took black sneakers and a red handbag. After doing my makeup, I walked out of the room.

I met Maria and Ivy in the kitchen.

"Goodmorning Adrianna," Maria greeted.

"Goodmorning sleepyhead," Ivy said with a smirk.

Maria's daughter underwent the therapy and she is now cured from her cancer. Maria told me that she resigned three of her jobs and will be working in two houses only. She works two days a week and the rest she spends with her daughter. I admire how she takes care of her daughter. On the other hand, my mother abandoned me. Sister Anne told me that I had been left outside the gate where they picked me up. The person who did that did not leave a letter but I had a necklace with me. It is in my safety box. I don't wear it always, only during special occasions. Sometimes I wish that I could meet with her so that she can tell me why she abandoned me. Let's push those bad thoughts away.

"Good Morning to you too," I said, faking a smile. Maria seemed to notice it was fake cause her smile fell and she sighed. I don't know why I can't talk about her and I'm not supposed to.

"So what's for breakfast?" I asked.

"It depends on what you want," she said and I nodded my head.

"Alright then. I can have some waffles please," I said and walked out of the kitchen towards the living room.

Ivy told me yesterday that Elijah is holding some girls and women hostages. He plans on selling them to get the money. I really despise that man. Not that all mafias are perfect but they still manage and prevent them from hurting children and women but on the other side, they use women as toys. I have been trying to track them down since then. I know I will soon get some information about that from the Italian but I want to be a step forward. They don't need to ask me to save the girls so that I can first try to track them down.

"What's wrong with you," Ivy said as she entered.

"What?" I asked because I really didn't understand her.

"You didn't look happy when you were in the kitchen. So what's up?" She asked and I shook my head

"Nothing is wrong with me, Ivy," I said hoping that she might believe me or better give up.

"Come on, we are sisters, remember," she said and I sighed. I knew that there was no way she was going to leave me alone.

"I just admire how Maria cares and loves her daughter so much. Honestly I envy her," I told her truthfully.

"I know. I also do. It makes me wonder how it feels to have your parents by your side and give you all the love you deserve," she said and I smiled slightly at her.

"We should at least be thankful that we have Victor," I said and her smile fell and I wondered why.

"Come on, let's go and eat some that we can take the kids from that building," she said while standing up. I quickly held her arm and gave her a questioning look.