Chapter 49

Adrianna POV.

It has been seven months since I gave birth to my little angel, Hope Jasmine. We have been living happily. I haven't been going out for assassination. Do I miss it? Yes, I do but I have to spend time with my little angel. I am still talking to Ivan but Ace is still looking for me. We are actually leaving for America next week for my baby's protection. The little girl has grown up so fast that I sometimes wonder whether I am still the mother. At first, I doubted my ability to take care of a new born baby but as time passed, I realised that it was actually an easy thing to do. I was brought out of my thoughts by the baby monitor beeping. That was my clue to go and check on her.

Walking past the room, I stood outside her room and heard that she was crying out loudly. I opened the door and she stopped immediately and looked at the door's direction. When she saw that it was me, she smiled widely. The small gesture was enough for me to smile. I later smirked cause I knew that she was just crying to get my attention cause if she was hungry or had peed at herself, she would be still crying. Deciding to teach her some manners, I walked out of the room and shut the door. I heard her wailing out louder than before.

"What is wrong with you?" I heard Ivy's voice and I looked up and saw her standing behind me.

"What have I done?" I asked because I didn't understand her even the slightest bit.

"Where are you standing out here and the child is crying in there?" she asked and rolled my eyes.

"Cause she is just an attention seeker," I said.

"We both know that she took after you. You were just like her when we were growing up," she said with a laugh, making me glare at her.

"Maybe I was but I don't want my daughter to be like me," I said.

"Oooh please spare me," she said as she rolled her eyes.

"Come on, go and pick up our little angel," she said as she walked past me. Just when I thought that she was going downstairs, she opened the baby's nursery and dragged me inside.

Jassy looked at us and stopped crying. I went towards her crib and she smiled but not widely. It was as if she was looking at what I will do next. She raised her little hands so that I could pick her up and I did. She let out a giggle cause she had gotten what she wanted. She started playing with my hair and I was trying so hard not to scold her. She later stopped and I knew that her attention was no more towards me but to Ivy. I checked her pamper and it was still dry.

I knew that I needed to breastfeed her but I could not do without having some breakfast. I walked out of the room and went downstairs. I had a lot of cravings. When I was pregnant, I couldn't eat sausages cause they would make me nauseous but now, I am back to eating whatever I want. I had told Ivy in the morning to prepare some for me. When I walked to the kitchen, I saw some sausages at the kitchen counter and I was so happy.

"Can you please take her so that I can eat peacefully," I said hoping that Ivy was behind me.

"Come here baby," she said but Hope refused and hid her little head in my chest. I chuckled at that.

"Jassy, go to aunty Ivy or she will leave you," I said softly and she raised her head and looked at me.

Her mouth started moving but no words could come out since she didn't know how to talk. I shook my head at her stubbornness and I heard Ivy chuckling before taking her by force.

She started yelling out loudly as they left the kitchen. Ivy once told me that I was spoiling her so much and that there will be a time I will need to do something and she will refuse to be carried by another person. I really felt bad but I think that it is high time that she learns to stay with the others. I will not always be there for her. At first, I didn't want that but now, I will have to let her go sometimes.

I walked towards the fridge and took some orange juice. I poured some in a glass. I sat at a stool I saw and started having my breakfast.

I took out my phone and started checking where I had any notifications or emails. After some minutes, I was done and I walked to the living room. I wanted to know what Hope was doing so I decided to tiptoe till I got where they were. I saw that she was quiet and playing with Ivy hair.

"Ouch," Ivy exclaimed.

Bet I should just say pulling instead.

"I am gonna beat you up if you don't stop right now," she yelled and Hope started crying.

She really hates it when someone shouts at her. She has most of my personality and I see myself in her.

"Let aunty be baby," I said and she turned her head to look at me but she had not stopped.

"You know that she will be quiet when you pick her up right?" Ivy asked and I rolled my eyes because of the obvious answer.

"Come here Jassy. Tell aunty to buy you some toys so that you can stop playing with her hair," I said.

"Bitch, you are a billionaire, you can buy her even the whole toy store if you want," she said and I rolled my eyes.

I took my daughter and sat on the couch opposite Ivy.

After a while..

"So do you miss your baby daddy?" She asked and I averted my attention from the phone to her.

"Why are you asking?" I asked her.

"Cause Jassy looks more like her dad. So, I thought that maybe she reminds you of him," she exploded and I nodded my head.

"Sometimes I really do but when I look at her, she reminds me of him and that a part of him is with me," I told her.

"Ooh," she said and went back to her laptop.

I am so proud of her though, she has completed her online classes. If we weren't hiding, she would have already started her own company. Sometimes, I wish that I didn't meet with Ace but when I am reminded because of that accountance I have a beautiful daughter I stop.

My daughter is my life. I wonder how my parents were able to abandon me. A child is a blessing, an angel. Maybe even when I was a kid I wasn't so innocent. Sometimes I hope that I was so that I would know that once in my life, I was innocent not this cold hearted ruthless murderer.

I heard It's laptop beep and I wondered who was calling her.

"I am sorry ma'am Adrianna and Ivy, but your location has been compromised,"Max said

"What!"

1192 words.

18/09/2023.

Don't forget to vote and comment!