Chapter 56

Adrianna Pov.

"There is no need for you to be confused. What we need to do is figure out what we have to do," I said. I looked up and saw that Jasmine was already fast asleep. She tends to sleep when she is bored or has no one to play and talk to.

"But do you think it is safe?" she asked and I gave a a question mark expression since I couldn't figure out such a silly question.

""Don't give me that look. What I mean is that, do you think it is safe for us to deal with them alone? Maybe we could ask your baby daddy's help," she said and I glared at her.

"I don't need his help," I said firmly.

"I know that you don't want but look at the positive side girl. Ace has connection with the Spanish and Mexican mafia help it would at least safe since we are all alone since for now we can't trust the people from the organisation," she said making me shake my head in disagreement.

"Have you forgotten who we are and why each mafia is fighting to get in our good side and back back?" I asked.

"Its not that I have forgotten but we now have a kid whom we need to take care of. It isn't like the past when we used to carry out dangerous tasks and go in missions after one another," she said.

"Yes, I agree with you but who said that we can't get someone to take care of her. What we need to do is get a babysitter who will live with us and get Jassy to get used to her before the time to face the enemies come," I said.

"Yeah, you have a point. Its just that I can't trust anyone. After all, most people tend to be corrupt and betray people when money is involved," she said in a low tone indicating that she was really sad.

"There is no need for you to be stand such because something trivia like such. Have you forgotten that apart from the people in the organisation we always have our own people? Who can't betray us? Whom we saved and they pledge their loyalty and life to us?" I asked.

"There is no point of me continuing talking and trying to make you understand things. You are her mother and you know whats best for her," she said angrily making me mad.

"Don't dare talk to me in such a tone. Yes, I am her mother but don't mothers make mistake? We ourselves have never gotten a chance to be with our parents. Maybe we need when we were young but we don't know what happened so that we may find ourselves in the streets. Maybe they even didn't abandon us, maybe they died when giving birth, maybe we were stolen from them, maybe we were swapped. No one is ever perfect. I just want to spend time alone with the two of you before Ace finds me. After all, the only reason as to why he tried his best to put me on his side is because he needs us to help them deal with Elijah. With our resources we are capable enough. We can't you see that we are more capable just like they see us? Even if we go but or help them locate us, they will still need us to work for them. There is no way they are just going to protect us. You better wake up," I said but raised my voice in the end of my statement.

She looked at me and kept quiet. Maybe cause she knows that I have a point or its because I have stated about parents.

"There is no need to think about people who aren't here with us. If we are meant to come across them and be reunited with them then so be it. We need to continue living our lives as we wait to see what the future has installed for us. We aren't the little kids anymore," I said in a low and soft voice since I saw Jassy turning around as if she was been affected by our noise.

"So what do we need to do?" she asked. "How should we prepare ourselves?"

"I think we should send other people to be spies in every mafia.Our own, those who are loyal to us not the organisation or Victor cause maybe some are defying us cause they see us as traitors since I killed Victor by my own," I told her.

"Okay, let me go upstairs, call each of the most trusted fellows then change my outfit so that we can go for shopping," she said as she stood up.

"Can you please lay her down on the sofas as I clean this utensils while you pass through the place as you go upstairs?" I asked.

"No, I don't think that's available. We both know what kind of a creature you gave birth to. If I pick her up, she will end up waking up after she feels discomfort and the change in the position she had lied. Its better if you take her there.

I groaned when I saw that she really had a point. Standing up too with a lot of keen so as not to wake her up, I walked to the resting room in the first floor and lied her on her mini-bed there later kept her teddy bear on her arms so as not to distract her from feeling anything wrong. I later walked back to the dining room where I took the dirty utensils and afterwards put them in the sink. After some few minutes of cleaning the utensils and wiping the kitchen and dining room, I was done.

I didn't want to go to the rest room due to the fear of waking her up since she tends to be a little demon. I went to the living and after a while, I switched on the Tv to kill time as I waited for Ivy. Since, I hate leaving a movie in the middle and opt that when I start watching, I stay seated and watch it till the end, I switched on some commercial shows so that I can know whats going on in the business industry and know who is now leading in that industry. I hate been defeated and that's why Ivy and I started a technology company so that we can keep our names on top and some known professional and successful women. After all, many men opt to think that women can't do anything right and that's why I work is to show them how capable women can become when given the opportunity.

"The city and nation is becoming so unsafe for children and women walking at the streets. I feel like a failure cause I have completely failed to provide the citizens with adequate security and protect them from been kidnapped and sold. I as the president of this nation, I have done my best to provide security and get rid of the mobs but I have been proved wrong to date. I have discovered that due to the amount of money offered by the mobs, most of the people in the national security and also the leaders who are extremely corrupt, there is an increase in the illegal activities that is going now. Victor Valdamir was one of the people that made sure that the streets are safe for each and every human being but unfortunately, he is no longer here with us anymore. May his soul rest in peace. He had fought endlessly with his brother but it seems that only the good people perish. Even though that what I have just said is totally discouraging, I am here today not to even address the nation but to get to someone through this speech. Victor had two children whom were always by his side to safeguard the rights of individuals in different countries. I have tried reaching out but I am unable to get through you. It is believed that his eldest child was the one who killed him when got the information about the father's evil deeds. As a being who had stayed with a lot of people, the child understood the pain and suffering an individual goes through. Even though, they are both ruthless, they are all kind and caring to the innocent. That, I have witnessed it and I know that some of the mafia leaders in other nations have witnessed too. If you are both watching this, kindly, save us from the evil people. Let's work together to make sure their is enough security for our innocent children, women and also the families with are been broken by them. I will be waiting for your arrival."

"We have all been witnessing what has been going on in that country and its so heartbreaking. Even though I don't know whom the president is trying to reach out, I really hope they do cause you never know what will happen to you or your family soon...."

"What did I just hear?.....So our guess is true, Victor is Elijah's brother," Ivy's voice sounded behind me making me turn my head towards her.

"What has this man just done? Now, th people who know that we are the children sees us as evil since Elijah is our so called uncle!"

"Sit, what are we going to do? Having to get rid of the Russian mafia is already a dangerous and heavy task. We can't just have all the mafias behind our back!" She yelled.

"Only time will tell," I said as I switched off the Tv.

1631 words.
24/09/2023.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share!🤗