Chapter 42

Adrianna POV.

I tried waking up but something was preventing me from getting out of bed. I turned around and saw Ace lying beside me and I remembered what happened. I felt sick of myself.

Why did I beg him to take me?
I have never been disgusted by myself as I am today!!
I will surely make things clear to him that this didn't mean anything to me when he wakes up.

I held his hand and pulled it away so that I would be able to get out. When I succeeded, I walked to my washroom and locked it so that he wouldn't be able to get in like yesterday. Doing my daily routine, I took more time than usual. When I finished, I walked out of the washroom towards my closet. I chose a grey sweatpant and a white pull neck. After wearing the outfit, I wore one of my white sneakers and walked out.

I saw that he was now awake and his gaze shifted towards my direction when he heard the voice of the door open.

"Morning Love," he said happily and I rolled my eyes.

"It was a mistake," I said instead of answering his morning greetings.

"What do you mean it was a mistake?" He asked, trying to figure me out by reading my expression but I had already turned it off.

"You had me. It was a mistake. What happened yesterday wasn't supposed to happen," I said.

"No. It wasn't," he said angrily.

"That is to you not to me. To me it was a mistake. I was driven by sleep," I said with the same tone. "Now leave my room."

"As far as I know, this is my house," he said.

"Fine. If it is your house and you won't do what the guest is asking you to do then the guest will just leave. I will send someone to come take my belongings," I said and he looked shocked.

"You can't do that," he said and I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, I can," I said. "You aren't my boss as far as I know," I said.

"Listen, I am sorry. Come on, don't leave, I will get out of your room," he said worriedly.

"It is already too late. The damage is already done," I said as I took my phone and my car keys then walked out but without banging the door not caring whether I would break it.

I saw that he was already in his clothes. That was quick but it won't hinder me from leaving.

I walked hurriedly downstairs with him trailing behind me and yelling out my name. By the time we got downstairs, all of his family and Maria were present. They are so nosy to be a mafia leader family.

"Maria, I am going back to my apartment but since I know that they will question you till you tell them where I am, we won't be there. Ivy and I will buy another house. Even if you and Lilly won't be working for us, I will continue sending you your salary," I said.

"What do you mean by leaving?" Alex asked.

"And by buying another house?" Amelia asked.

"Why should we torture Maria?" Mark asked.

"Can you call shut up for once?" I asked them angrily, making them flinch.

"Yes, I am.leaving this house for good. I can't live where people don't respect my privacy," I said while looking at Ace. He looked guilty.

"Come on, let us talk like grown ups. No need to go, Love," he said.

"I am not your Love?" I snapped.

"Fine, Adrianna," he said calmly.

"Nothing that you will say will make me change my mind," I told him.

"Not even me?" A small voice said.

It really pained me to leave Ivan but I needed to. After all he isn't blood related to me!!

"I am sorry but I really need to leave," I told him and walked closer to him.

"In your room, there is a button in your bed, just where you lay your head. When you miss me, press that button and we will talk about the same case when you are in danger or something happens in the house," I whispered to him and he looked shocked.

"Are you serious?" He asked and I nodded my head. "But I will really miss you," he said while crying.

"No need to cry buddy. If you look at it, you will always talk to me whenever you need to but don't tell anyone about it. Can you promise me that?" I asked him.

I knew it was difficult for him. We have gotten close in a very short period. It also pains me but I really don't have a choice.

"Okay," he said as he pinky promised me. I hugged him tightly and he cried in my arms. I really had to be strong. I can't show them my tears. After a while, I let him go.

"It is all your fault that she is leaving uncle Ace. I hate you," he yelled before running upstairs.

"What happened between you two?" Amelia asked.

"None of your business," I said coldly and she looked shocked. I have never used that voice on her. Even when I was so angry, I always calmed myself down before answering her. Everyone was shocked to say the least.

"If you are leaving then I am coming with you," Maria said as I stepped towards the door.

"No, I want to be alone with my sister. And I want you to be here in case anything happens. Call me. Look after Ivan, I don't care about the others," I said. She really didn't have a choice and she knew that so she nodded her head slowly and uncomfortably.

"If you dare touch a single strand on her then I will kill all of you, don't dare lay a hand on her. You all know what I am capable of," I said.

"Come on Adrianna, you don't need to leave," Ace said as I walked towards the door.

"Ooh. I need to. Just know that not everyone follows your stupid instructions," I said as I opened the door.

I got out of the house and walked towards the garage. I got into my car and started the engine. I drove out of that place. I called Ivy to tell her that we will be leaving.

"Hello," I said.

"What's up?" She asked.

"We are leaving," I said.

"What do you mean that we are leaving?" She asked.

"I will explain everything to you but we will get a new house," I said.

"Did you pack your belongings?" She asked and I groaned.

"No," I said.

"Adrianna," she shouted and I closed my ears because of her loud voice.

"My ears, silly," I said.

"Just send some of Victor's men to pick them up," I said.

"Fine," she said.

"I am sure they will have gotten everything within two hours maximum," I said.

"Yes they will," she confirmed.

"Uuhm. Is Lily and Maria coming with us?" She asked.

"No," I answered immediately.

"Phewks. Thanks. I really needed to get away from this girl," she said, making me chuckle.

1207 words.
19/07/2023.