Chapter 48

Adrianna POV.

It has been four months since I gave birth to baby Hope Jasmine. She is the cutest little angel I have ever encountered. Sometimes I look at her and still wonder whether I am the one who gave birth to her. She is so beautiful. She has her father's blue eyes. She looks like both of us. She is the love of my life. That's for sure.

Anyways, I was woken up by the cries and I am currently on my way to her bedroom. For security purposes, I have kept some monitors in her room. When I opened the door and walked in, she stopped crying and looked in my direction. She smiled brightly, raising her little hands so that she could be picked up. I smiled at her and then pretended to be walking out of the room. She started crying again but this time round, she was so loud. She is such an attention seeker. I walked back and went to her crib. I took a teddy bear from the bed and gave it to her. She took it and held it tightly according to her. I was just looking at her while smiling. I can give her the world.

"Come here baby. Guess you are hungry and that is why you were crying," I said and she averted her attention to me from her teddy bear.

I picked her up and sat at the turquoise couch which was in her room. I love breastfeeding her cause it reminds me that I am now a mom. She started feeding immediately while playing with my top. After some minutes, she looked up at me and it was my queue that she was done with. I took her to the bathroom and cleaned her up. She is just a month old so she is so tiny but that did hinder me from dressing her with the most fashioned clothes. When I was done cleaning her, I dressed her in a white bodysuit, blue pants. I plaited her hair then tied it with a golden headband.

She never disturbs when bathing or changing clothes because she plays with water so much. Most times we stay there long because she doesn't want to get out.

I picked her up and walked out of the room. I had not done my morning routine but I will when I leave her with Ivy. Walking downstairs, Ivy was seated in the living room.

"Morning baby," she said to Hope as if the little kid could return her greetings.

"Now since you got your little niece, you decided never to greet me?" I asked her, pretending to be hurt and she rolled her eyes.

"Just shut up," she said and we heard a little giggle.

We both looked at Jasmine who after realising that we were looking at her hid her face in my chest making us chuckle.

"Aww. No need to be, shy little princess. Come here,"she said as she took her.

Jasmine looked at her then started playing with her top.

"Good. At least I can go and freshen up" I said before turning to walk away.

"We need to talk," Ivy said.

"Bet it can wait till I finish doing what I am going to do," I said.

"No, it can't," she said but I was already upstairs.

I couldn't give her a chance cause I knew that if we started talking then I won't be able to get ready for this magnificent day.

I walked to my room and went directly to the washrooms. I brushed my teeth then walked to the shower. I couldn't use the bathtub because I would be tempted to stay in there for long and I have a child who would start crying if I took a long time to go back. Within ten minutes, I was already done and I walked out of the shower. I went to my closet, I was confused at first but then I settled with a blue ragged jean and I black baggy tee shirt. There was no need to wear a bra since I was breastfeeding Hope and she had a huge appetite. Sometimes I tend to think that she breastfeeds most times because that is the only way she would stay in my arms, not that I mind.

I took out my phone and walked out.

I found Ivy playing with her and she kept giggling. I took a picture of them before joining them.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked.

"Max called yesterday at night," she

Okay, and?" I asked.

"Ace is searching for you. He is holding a meeting with the Spanish and Mexican mafia leaders tomorrow" she said.

I was in shock. Why does Ace want me that much?

"We need to leave as soon as possible," she said and I nodded my head.

"Any idea as to where we should go?" I asked.

"Maybe in France or America," she said and I nodded my head.

"We are supposed to leave today right?" I asked and she nodded her head.

"But maybe we can stay here a little bit till I complete my online classes," she said And agreed with her.

"Let us go to America. I don't know why but something tells me that we are safer there than in France," I said.

"Okay," she said.

"Why don't you look for some houses while I get something to eat?" I asked her and she agreed.

Just as I was about to leave the room, Jasmine started crying out loud.

"Mommy isn't leaving you, love," Ivy told her while soothing her. Her words made her stop crying and looked at her widely with her little blue eyes. "Yes baby, mommy is coming back for the baby," she said as she kissed her nose. I shook my head and walked away.

I found some pancakes at the kitchen counter and I warned them. I poured myself a glass of juice and started eating. When I was done, I went back before that kid started screaming. I can't do any work when she is awake. She is really a mommy's girl.

When they heard footsteps they both turned in my direction and Jasmine raised her tiny hands so that her mom could pick her up.

"She is so much addicted to you," Ivy said and I picked up my daughter.

"That she is," I replied.

"So when I was going over the houses, our little princess was also looking. She was even trying to scroll past some houses," she said with a chuckle.

I looked at Hope and she hid her chest as if she knew that we were discussing her. I smiled then turned my attention back to Ivy and gestured to her to go on.

"So when we came across this one, she giggled and even clapped her hands," she said with a smile, making me smile also. I took her tablet and looked at the house.

"It seems similar to this one but it isn't," she said and I agreed with her.

"Then I think we should buy it," I said.

"I knew that you would say that. So I wanted to call Max so that he can send some men over there. They will be our bodyguards," she said and I raised an eyebrow after her.

"We can protect ourselves," I said.

"Yes we can but they will be watching over the house," she said.

"We can't let a single person know where we are, Ivy. Not even him or them," I said and she looked down.

"I guess you are right," she said.

"Yes, I am," I replied.

"Why don't you call the company which is selling that house and ask them whether they can also get us some new cars. We will pay them for that of course," I said.

1263 words.

12/09/2023.

Don't forget to vote and comment!😊♥