Chapter 29

Ace POV.

I walked back to the dining room and started eating. I was aware that they were all looking at me but at this time, I did not care at all.

"Has she agreed to eat?" Mom asked.

"No, the food is scattered on the cell's floor," I answered cause I knew there was no way, I was going to escape mom's questions.

"I really can't blame her though. With your arrogance," Abigail said.

"I don't care what you think or not. She is an enemy so I will treat her as one," I told them and they looked shocked.

Mom had high expectations that I will end up with Adrianna after what she witnessed on the charity ball but a real disappointment doesn't hurt right?

Looking at the food with zero interest in not eating since I have lost my appetite, I played with the food. Mixing food pretending to eat it but who could I fool? Everyone here is a grown up and can see through me. Yes, I was hurt. Having high expectations of something or someone always makes one easily get hurt. From the corner of the eye, I saw Maria running towards us and we all turned our attention to us.

"I am sorry sir, but can I leave?" She asked me.

"Why Maria?" Mom asked.

"There has been an emergency," she said.

"What kind of emergency? Is your daughter fine?" I asked and she smiled.

"Yes, she is. Actually, she underwent chemotherapy and she is fully healed from cancer," she said happily.

"Then what kind of emergency is it?" Abigail asked.

"I work at two houses…." She was interrupted by mom.

"What?" She shouted.

"Mom, come down. Actually I am surprised since she was working at five different houses, at that time she needed money for her daughter," I explained.

"That doesn't explain why she has two jobs when her daughter is fully recovered," dad said.

"Yes sir. My other employer Adrianna is the one who paid for my daughter's treatment. As a sign of gratitude, I continued working there but most of the time Lilly is the one who is there while I am here," she said.

"That still doesn't explain the emergency," mom said.

"She is missing," she said.

"Who?" I asked.

"Your daughter?" Mom asked worriedly.

"No, my other employer, Adrianna. She is actually the same age as lily. Her and her sister are like my children," we all nodded in understanding.

"Alright you can go," dad told her.

"Thank you sir," she said.

Hardly had she reached the door when Mark shouted.

"Wait, have you just said Adrianna?" He asked and we looked at him.

"Yes, she is called Adrianna," Maria said.

"That's impossible," Abigail murmured.

"What is it sir?" Maria said.

"Nothing, maybe it is another Adrianna," he said.

"Do you have her photo?" Dad asked and she nodded.

She took out her phone and started scrolling at it. She later gave dad the phone and from his horrified look I knew it was the same Adrianna who was a mile away.