3.0 Problems guaranteed

That night Neteyam took me back home and I said goodbye to him further away from my tent, when I walked into our tent my family was asleep, so I also went to sleep aswell.
But the memories of tonight just kept flooding back into my mind, keeping me up. I was so disappointed in myself. Wondering why I couldn't act more, or think more before acting.

Eventually I did drift to sleep.

In the morning I woke up,  groggily looking around seeing only my mother.
„Finally you're awake, I was wondering if you were not feeling well."

The slight almost unnoticeable concern confused me. We didn't speak more words than necessary as I ate breakfast.
The silence was exactly what I needed after the chaos last night. But the sadly the peace was disturbed by knocking on our tent.

I moved my gaze and saw Teyney walk inside.

„Oel ngati kameie. Urawe. Vawayani, Oel ngati kameie." he greeted us, smiling at me and I smiled politely in return, my mouth full of food.

„Hello Teyney, you look very fit today." Mother complimented him, looking at me afterwards.
I gave her an unimpressed look.
Teyney thanked her humbly, looking at me
„Vawayani, have you trained already today?"

Standing up I replied „No I haven't, let me get freshened up and we can go." I walked past him.

When I was ready we walked and called our ikrans.
His was light purple, and very obedient it seemed „What's his name?" I asked curiously, watching him get on.

„This is roya." he smiled proudly at his ikran.

I called Eka and she came flying to me, greeting me with a head bump. She could definitely have an attitude somedays, but mostly she was very gentle.
I made the bond and climbed her.

„She's very Beautiful." Teyney complimented politely.

I patted her, smiling gently as I replied „Thank you. So let's fly to the practice field."

Teyney agreed and we both jumped off, flying around the hallelujah mountains.
Eka had a very lively character, she liked it when we flew in between tight spaces or dropped down from high places.
We flew for some time, Teyney's Ikran circling Eka, making me laugh slightly.

He seemed far more silly than I had expected. He had a reputation in out clan, most saw him as a strong young warrior, who barely joked around and was mostly serious. But now seeing him interact with us it showed me that, he too, was only a young boy.

Once we arrived at out practice field, we got off our ikrans and went up to the target stands.
As we got closer I saw the person I was expecting the least.
„Kiri?" I asked.
She turned around and a small smile light up her face when she saw me. Then her eyes flicked to Teyney and back to me, grinning and giving me a nonverbal signal with her eyes.

„Oel ngati kameie, Teyney." she gave him a greeting, which he returned.

I glared and decided to change the topic „What are you doing here?."

She looked back and that was when I noticed small Tuk, practicing with a small bow and arrow.
„Mom wanted me to watch her." she told me with a monotone voice.
„Vawayani!" her small voice yelled when she noticed me. She came running and I picked her up „Hi little one."

„Are you here to practice as well?" she asked excitedly.

I nodded and she smiled „Then you can watch me first a little, please?"

My smile spread and I hugged her tightly „How could I say no to you?"

She noticed Teyney next to me and greeted him. Them she turned to me, honest like a child always is and questioned curiously „Is that your boyfriend Vawayani?"