12.0 New safe place

(Back to Vawayanis pov)

I held his braid in my hand while the knife pointed to his chest. Now he seemed apologetic, begging me not to kill him.

I only stared into his weak eyes, ready to finish it.
When I lifted my knive he started yelling „No, please. Please don't."

Just as I was about to stab him, a hand grabbed my arm, pulling me back.
I looked to see Neteyam, holding my hand „Don't, they'll handle it."

By they he meant the two men that came and knocked the soldier unconscious. They looked like Metkayina, one older and the other shorter and much younger.

„Are you okay?" Neteyams voice brought my attention back to him and I turned to face him.

A small smile spread across my face the second we made eye contact. „Hi." that was the only thing I could say at the moment.
He chuckled and replied „Hi." and then he continued „That was really impressive."

For the first time in weeks I felt a warm feeling in my body again.

Suddenly I was pulled away by two hands as someone hugged me. „Thank you for saving them, my dear." it was Neytiris comforting voice.

She pulled back and looked at me with warm eyes. 

„I'm happy I could help." I replied, giving her a small smile.

Our moment was interrupted by a hand on my tail, startled I turned around and saw a woman, also Metkayina, analyzing my whole body.

„Another forest Na'vi." she took my hands next and looked at my three fingers. „At least this one is normal." then she looked me in the eyes, her green eyes staring into mine „I would like to thank you for saving my daughter, Tsireya."

She was referring to the Metkayina girl that was with Kiri and Lo'ak.
I looked over to her and she gave me a grateful smile, she was very cute.

Before the woman could continue the man from before stepped by her „My name is Tonowari and this is my mate Ronal. We would like to thank you for saving our daughter, young warrior. Are you here on your own?" he seemed to be a bit nicer than his mate.

I nodded „Me and my Ikran."

„She's the daughter of the best warriors and hunters in our clan." Jake Sullys voice informed them before he turned to me „Why aren't you at home, what happened?" he took my arms and looked at them. The bruises were dark purple and contrasting against my skin, making them noticeable.

From the side I saw Neteyam looking at me.

I didn't know how to say it, I just shook my head „I can't go back there, not right now at least."
I couldn't even think of going home at the moment. The thought of my mother or even Teyney sent shivers down my back. Although I would miss my father and Ratxwa.

„It has been decided then, Uturu has been permitted." Tonowari declared loudly. 

I felt Neteyam put a hand on my shoulder as I thanked the Olo'eyktan and his mate.

Kiri came running to me, crying. „I thought I'd never see you again." we hugged each other tightly.

„Are you hurt?" I asked and pulled away from the hug.

She just shook her head, but my cheek caught her attention. She looked at it and was about to say something when Neteyam interrupted her.

„But you are, how did this happen?" he held my left arm right above my bruise. It was obviously a handprint, so there was no point in lying.