31.0 Secrets

We talked for what felt like only minutes, but when my eyes began feeling heavy I realized how long we were there already.

„We should go back."

Neteyam nodded and jumped off the rock, holding out his hand for me to grab. When I did, he slowly helped me down. Another thing I liked about him, his courtesy.

He never let go of me and we walked back, hand in hand. When we reached the water and it touched my feet, I jumped at the coldness of it. My eyes found themselves in the water, watching the small waves move in sync.

That was until something in the water caught my eye. I walked closer to it, pulling Neteyam with me in the process.

„What are you doing?" he asked bewildered but followed me anyway.

I had to walk deeper into the ocean to grab it. And when the water got to my knees, I saw it.

It looked like a bracelet. Tiny seashells stacked together with a big pearl in the middle, it was beautiful.

When I grabbed it and held it closer to my face to inspect it, I noticed it was close to the point where I saw Aonung standing, maybe having drifted a little closer to us now.

That brought back the memory of that moment. After I saw him doing, what seemed like he was watching us, I could only stare back. Mostly confused on why he was just standing there. He was almost too far away for me to have been able to read any facial expressions. And just a second later I was brought back to our conversation, by Neteyam.

And when my gaze returned to the same spot a moment later, he was gone. I just assumed he was being his usual strange self and didn't think too much of it.

Holding the bracelet between my fingers I studied it and wondered. Could it be his?

What is that?" Neteyams voice broke me out of my deep thoughts.

„I don't know. Maybe someone lost it." I mumbled, speculating about the probability of this being made by Aonung. Why is it in the water?

„I'll take it back and ask Tsireya tomorrow. Maybe she knows who it belongs to."

„Ah typical Vawayani, always solving other's problems." he held my face in his one hand as he teased me.

I only looked up at him and chuckled.

He spoke again softly after a moment, exploring my eyes with his „You look pretty like this-„

„In the dark, you mean?" I teased.

„-In the moonlight, I was about to say it."

We both laughed as he shook his head and then leaned in for a kiss, making my eyes widen.
I pulled my head back „Woah, what if someone sees us?"

We had walked past the big rocks, anyone that walked by could easily see us.

„So, what if?" he retorted back with no second thoughts and leaned in again. And I felt his tail trail up my leg slowly.

I pretended to look past him „Oh, is that Neytiri?" in attempt to scare him. But he didn't even look back and only leaned in further, his lips now slightly hovering over mine.

„I really don't care." making me laugh in disbelief before our lips met. My body acted automatically and I kissed him back instantly. The warm feeling igniting inside my chest immediately. Almost making me put a hand on my chest to check that it wasn't on fire.

I don't think I could ever get tired of this feeling.

When I noticed my knees weakening, I held onto his shoulders for support. That's when I felt him smile against my lips.