18.0 Quality time

That same night I was getting ready to go to sleep when Tsireya walked into my hut „Oh good, I was scared you were sleeping already."

Looking up from my position on the floor I asked „Is everything okay?" it worried me that she had come to visit so arbitrarily.

After our breathing exercises, I went to hunt some fish to eat. I also needed some time to calm down, after everything.

„Everything is alright, I just wanted to give you this." she walked over to me and handed me a bracelet, made of seashells and pearls. It reminded me of Lo'ak and Neteyam who also caught some.

Gasping, I accepted the present „Oh Tsireya that is so nice, thank you." I looked up and we made eye contact.

She started smiling „I thought this might make you feel more welcome and belonging here."

Holding the bracelet in my hand, you could tell it was made with time. It had a slight rose tone and then mixed with the white pearls it gave it a soft color. I barely wore any color, most of my loin or leather cloths were brown or natural colors so this was a nice pop of color.

„It's beautiful, thank you so much." I smiled broadly and hugged her tightly.

She hugged me back and then I felt her hands in my hair „Oh I never noticed how much hair you have, it's very long." she pulled back and looked at it.

I only nodded and laughed lightly, not knowing what else to say.

„Would you like me to braid it?" she offered sweetly.
My hair had been starting to annoy me, with me being inside the water much more now it always felt much heavier.

„That would actually be really nice, we could do that tomorrow?" I added and she agreed.
„Then we'll do that tomorrow, have a good night." she walked outside.

As I went to sleep I started thinking of what I could give her back, for her present.

I'd have to ask the Sullys where they got their shells and pearls.

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

„Come on, wake up sleepy head." Kiris voice woke me up from my sleep and shook my shoulder.

Sighing, I sat up and looked to my side. Next to me there were fruits cut up, making my mouth water just by seeing it. Meanwhile Kiri was making something that looked like a paste.

„We were worried you weren't eating enough on your own. So I took Tuk with me and we went to collect some food for you."

„We?" I questioned, sitting down by the food, eying her curiously.

„Well mostly Neteyam and I-„ she continued to talk but I stopped listening. Looking to the ground, so she wouldn't see the smile on my face, I started eating.

He was worried about me? That was so cute, how am I not meant to like him when I hear things like that. I couldn't handle all those feelings so early in the morning.

„Well, thank you. But I was doing okay, I'm a hunter of the ocean now." I stated, bragging.

„You can't only eat fish." she finished with whatever she had made and walked over to me.

I chuckled and just shook my head „What's that?" when I tried to take a closer look she pushed my head away.

„It's for your bruises, I see they've almost faded." she took a handful of her creation, it looked like a similar ointment to the one she put on me a few days back.