21.0 Saviors

After I went back to my hut that night, I couldn't sleep. I was laying on the floor, trying to close my eyes but everytime I did, I saw Neteyam in front of me. And his golden eyes, his hands and lips, I couldn't stop thinking about it.

It was mixture of embarrassment and excitement. I didn't know how I would be able to face him after that, but on the other side I couldn't wait to see him again.

Tired from it all I tried closing my eyes again. When I did it felt like I was being woken up just seconds later by gentle hands on my shoulders.

Opening my eyes, I saw Kiri staring at me before chuckling lightly „Come on sleepyhead, I want to show you something."

It seemed she didn't suspect anything and was unaware of what she almost would've saw the night before.

I sat up and grumpily said „How are you always this motivated?"
She stood up and started walking around my hut, laughing shortly „I'm not. You're the only one who makes this place fun, so come on."

I gave in and stood up, rubbing my eyes „Yes, okay let's go." I grabbed my bow and arrow and one knife, still half asleep.

She grabbed my arm and led me into the forest. It seemed to be morning still, but the sun was already high up. When we walked past big green leaves and high trees, the sun got blocked and replaced by the shadow of the forest.

I was busy looking around when she said „That's so beautiful, did you make it yourself?"

Touching my arm, where the I put on the bracelet from Tsireya I smiled „Oh no, this is a present from Tsireya."

„No, I mean your necklace."

Luckily I wasn't facing her, so she didn't see my eyes widen in panic. Nervously biting my lip, I tried to think of a plausible lie.

„O-oh, this?" I stuttered, tracing the necklace while reminiscing last night.
Turning to look at her I lied, smiling „Yes, Tsireya taught me how to make them."

She analyzed it and smiled „It's very nice, since when are you interested in accessories?"

I don't know, since when did you start being so curious?

Shrugging, I looked to my right „Wanted to try something new."

She let the topic go and turned back to the nature around us. Relieved, I breathed in deep and tried to do the same. But now that she had reminded me of it, the pictures came back. Rubbing my eyes, I forced myself to stop thinking about it.

Breathing in the fresh air I looked to Kiri and we both admired all the animals and insects. She still had a hold on my arm and we walked past a tall tree with long lianas leading us into a beautiful scenery with a big pond and bright fish swimming inside. Behind it was a beautiful waterfall and it was decorated by big orange leaves.

„Wow, how did you find this?" I wondered, staring at all the fish and insects.

„I stumbled upon it while exploring, but look this isn't the best part yet." she walked around the pond to one of the big orange leaves, lifting it slightly and revealing a nest with eggs.

„Wow." I whispered, admiring it. A slight feeling of panic set in, when I thought about it. If the eggs are here, a grown version of this animal must be close.

Taking her hand away from the leave I said „Maybe we should leave."

She shook her head „Don't worry, before I went to get you I was here for over an hour and nothing happened."
And she proceeded to tell me about the animal, and that she thinks it had to be a bird. Kiri always knew so much about nature, it was a valuable feature.