1. oi cherry blossoms

"What's your plan anyways? To die with that ass of a husband on your side?" Mary calls out over the cubicle, I roll my eyes at her antics but try to face her with a smile when I roll around the divider wall.

"You are rather pessimistic about my husband, you know that?" My voice is mocking, this time she rolls her eyes, an attempt to keep me laughing when my husband calls me a fifth time in ten minutes to figure out where I am.

I grab the cell off the office desk raising it to my ear before sliding the green button across the screen, "Hey babe."

"Where in the hell are you?"

"Great to hear from you too." I mumble, Mary pretending to gag herself at the side of my desk. She rolls over her laptop setting herself to monitor the call while I deal with him. Today is a bad day.

"No need for the sarcasm, it's six o'clock, where are you?"

"I do have a job, Darrel. And I am currently at said job, working." For years I have been trying to divorce him, but his parents would write him out of the will if he broke it off with me. He keeps me in line with fists and threats. However, his parents, they love me, and while I hate his guts, I barely make enough to put clothes on my own back at the lab. He knows he has me trapped, but it doesn't mean I can't make his life hell when I am over a phone and have a coworker to keep him in check.

"I told you that I expect dinner at six, how am I supposed to make it to poker night on an empty stomach?"

"Try digging into your mother's pockets and seeing if she has any spare change, I have things to do." I end the call, throwing the phone on my desk. My fingers tangle in my hair, Mary standing out of her chair to rub my back. I'll get one for that later.

"You did nothing wrong okay? He's just a dick that needs to be put in check. I am proud that you don't take it laying down." She closes her laptop shoving it into her bag after rolling back to her desk. Her wheels squeal the whole time, and I have to fight back the laughter. She pops her red hair back, a devilish smirk across her face, "The pack and I are going to Death Hole tonight, would you enjoy pissing off your husband more and join us?"

"You know I can't..." I start but pause myself, Mary's eyes raise, eyebrows wiggling. For the first time in a long time, I don't see the real problem in going out. I worked my ass off for this promotion, and a bonus hit my check that Darrel has no idea about. And well, fuck poker night, "You know what? Yeah, I could use a drink or two."

"Try four." She laughs grabbing my laptop for me dragging with her as she runs down the cubicle aisle. Her energy is unmatchable and a force to be reckoned with day in day out, and I have yet to see that woman drink a coffee.

"You have to wait up!" I yell at her slipping off my heels to follow. She smiles back at me, shoving herself onto the exit door into the chill air of the night. She holds it open for me, and I follow suite putting my shoes back on with a heavy breath, "How do you run like that?"

"The animal inside me." She grumbles walking over to our cars that have neighboring parking spaces. Her BMW makes my little bug seem like trash, but I still would ride my almost dead car into the sunset if it wanted me to, "Ready?"

"More than ready, I haven't been out in so long!" I bite my lip running a hand through my brunette hair, "Wow I sound old."

"You, Cherry, are the youngest, oldest, woman I know."

I hum at her whilst entering my vehicle. She tosses the laptop through the passenger door, the landing sending dust everywhere. I watch her nose scrunch, but she doesn't say much more getting into her car with a wave. My mother named me Cherry because of my strawberry blonde hair when I was a baby, the heartburn she complained about, however by the time I was three I had turned brown. However, the green eyes stayed to which I am grateful. Now I have the pleasure of speaking about my gory birth anytime I tell someone my name really is Cherry Bloom.

My car gurgles painfully awake, the vibration of the engine telling me she's ready. I keep it slow and steady as I pull out of the space waiting for her to do her ritual death at least once before I pull out of the parking lot. Just as I roll to the stop sign she gives me the spat and blubbers to death, "Now that we have that out of the way." I flick the screwdriver in the keyhole, and she roars to life, finally ready to take me safely wherever I need to go.

"Thank you baby." I rub her steering wheel and get onto the main road begging her to keep herself together until we pull into the parking lot. Death Hole is a simple local bar, many of the forest dwellers stop there for a drink, and maybe a few bikers. I personally haven't been before, but Mary tends to frequent with her pack as she calls them.

The drive is short, not more than fifteen minutes, before I am pulling into the packed parking lot. Camaros, Audis, and BMWs line the spaces, my little yellow bug feeling extremely out of place. No matter though, Mary wouldn't have invited me if I wasn't welcome and what a better way to piss off the husband than getting drunk with rich men and women.

"Cherry! You made it, safely I might add."

"Are you always this negative? First my husband, now my car, what's next, my jeans size?" I shove into her lightly and she fights back a mini shoulder fight starting between us.

"Hey. Martini? Who's this?" A young, black hair man calls over the lot, Mary smiles and waves him over, "This is Cherry, she's a really good friend and co-worker of mine. She needed a night out and some fun. I figured what better way than with us?"

I give a small wave, the man looks me over head to toe, "You seem human."

"And you seem male?" I respond lowering a single brow to create an obvious face of confusion.

Mary laughs hesitantly, "Just because she's more humane than you doesn't mean we need to call her out for it. Thank you, Jared." Mary wraps her hand around my upper arm guiding me away from him. I try to turn my head back, but she stops me keeping me moving, "I wouldn't bother with him, he's just another asshole that believes he's the next alpha."

"You really like your wolf terms huh?"

"Eh, just the crowd I hang out with. You'll get used to it."

"Will I?" She shoves open the door to the bar, the music vibrating through my entire body, my soul feeling the tiny piece of freedom.

"Oh yeah. You will." The glint on her canines reflects beautifully with the light, causing me to falter with her stunning smile, "Come on, let's get you hammered." 

.

.

.

.

yes I'm bringing this back. enjoy friends!

 enjoy friends!