13. willingly being the catch

Within the hour he had his schedule rearranged so we could go out. I won't lie to myself and say I wasn't impressed. It was nice, for once, to be the main priority. Not that I would ever tell him that.

"Now there are some ground rules for leaving the pack grounds with me." He rambles off gathering his wallet and keys, "Are you willing to follow them?"

I take a moment to think, really run my mind over whether it's worth it to attempt an escape, but all my head tells me is to see how we feel when we get there, "For today, yes, tomorrow, I make no promises."

"At least your honest."

"It's a trait I find least appreciated when it comes to kidnappers and their victims." I reply, a forced smile coming over him.

"Come on, before I change my mind and tie you to a bed." Oh.

He guides me from the office walking me down the stairs. I pull at the t-shirt I chose to wear trying to get less nervous walking through the masses of people that roam the hallways. Levi takes the time to say hello, smile, and check in on some, but I just stand with wide eyes praying they don't talk to me. For any reason.

Levi keeps a tight grip on my hand finally leading me down a staircase I hadn't notice before. The steps lead into a lower garage, cars lining the spaces. All the cars are some forms of holy fuck that's nice, but others are jaw dropping, "This is my personal collection. I have a habit of collecting beautiful things." A wink is sent my way.

"Is that what I think it is?" I let go of his hand, a growl sent my way as I book it across the garage to the familiar yellow bug, "My car!"

I let my arms stretch over the peeling paint taking in the beauty. While all things in my life have gone to absolute chaos, this... this is normal. Levi steps up behind me, arms crossed, "You really like that thing, huh?"

"When you lose everything you know and get thrown into a foreign world, you tell me how excited you are to see something of yours. Normal." I wipe at the dust that had formed on her hood taking my time to walk around her. She looks as bad as she did when I drove her to the bar, and I love it.

Levi is scratching the back of his neck when I turn back to him, the largest grin he's ever seen on my face projected towards him, "Can I drive?"

"I have an Audi R8 one space over, and you want to take a VW Bug. That's about to break at the seams with rust." The comment is sarcastic, I know that, but I don't really care.

"Yes."

"No."

"Please." I give him the begging eyes, something that weakens most men. If Sanders is right about anything, then this should work like charm. Levi seems to debate with himself, a heavy groan coming from deep in his chest. I clap my hands together like a child about to climb into the driver's seat when he stops me, "I'm driving, and when we get back, I am sending this thing to the shop to get a full body make over. For your safety, and my sanity."

"I can agree to that." My laugh is contagious when I change course to the passenger. He cusses to himself under his breath calling over the keys slipping into the driver's seat after a rando dropped them into his hand.

Levi drops into the seat grabbing at the wheel to orient himself. I watch him roar her to life, my brows lifting in confusion, "After your car died three times before leaving the parking lot, a couple of the boy threw a better alternator, and new engine in it. Just to make sure we could drive it."

"That must have been expensive." Mumbling more to myself than him, but he waves it off.

"I wouldn't worry about money too much. Think of it as a pre-thank you for not running the moment we step off the land." He jokes rolling us out of the garage. The pack mates smile as we pass by them, the long driveway I tried to run down soon behind us.

"So where are we going?"

"There is a large mall within an hour north of us. Lots of the ladies take weekend trips and a few gave me good reviews when I asked a couple trusted women. It also, as per your request, has a fantastic sushi place."

"And this isn't impacting you? Dropping everything to come with me."

He grins to himself shaking his head, "One day you will understand the depts of my care for you and how much I am willing to do. As wolves, we know where our priority stands. That's why we have a beta and gamma to keep the pack running. Especially when you and I want time to ourselves."

So coordinated and planned. "Interesting. And what do you want out of this? I have no money to spoil you, lack humor, and could stand to lose a pound or two."

He growls a disapproving tone leaving his perfect lips, "I want you. And nothing more. No tricks, no lies, just you."

"That's a lot to ask for."

"I don't expect to get it easily. My wolf and I both know how valuable you are, and we plan to show you just how much you mean to us." He rolls his fingers over the wheel taking a sharp turn, "And in return we hope you choose to stay with us willingly."

Willingly being the catch. 

.

.

.

.

heeh