21. a level head

"A level head?"

Jackson gives a glare towards the Alpha, I follow his eyes to the set jaw of Levi, his glare returning, "Men are flogged, beaten, killed, whatever their punishment demands is executed in these cells. Rogues are senile and will try to touch you. My wolf will be temperamental if this was to happen... I will snap their necks." My hand goes up my mouth to cover the gagging.

"Old law states Alpha's word is law, Cherry. If he tells me kill someone, or do something towards someone, you cannot stop me." Jackson calls out.

Levi nods slowly, "If you were to go against my commands in these cells we would be seen as weak. I need you to stay strong and trust me. I am not the person that you will see behind those doors."

"And why are we here? Why must I go with you?"

"Your husband is down in the lower levels. Charged with assault and abuse of the Luna. His punishment is death by skin." The beta smiles a small amount trying to be comforting.

I swallow, "Sk-skin?"

Levi walks over laying his hand on my shoulder, "We have a blade here, a special wolf that's attune to weapons. He serves me and will peel that fucker's skin from bone and let him bleed to death from the hell hooks."

"Levi. I think I might puke." I run to a bush, Jackson lets me get passed him easily.

"Get it out now Luna, we need you to put on a good show."

Nothing comes up as I dry heave, Levi coming to my back running his hand over my spin in encouragement. However, this is very much not encouraging. He plans to mutilate the man that made my life hell, while this seems endearing, I would much rather just a good long jail sentence.

"Are you ready?" Jackson calls out to me, waving me over. I run my sleeve over my saliva covered chin, Levi guiding me back to the front. If I could dig my heel in and run the other direction before these wolves caught me, I'd already be gone.

"I don't think so."

"Perfect. Come on."

The prison doors slide open a little too easy for my liking, a well-oiled machine that is obviously in frequent use. Levi's hand settles on my hip keeping me close and just for now I let him hold me like a lover would. As long as it keeps me alive, I'll do what it takes.

Bars line the walls as far as the eye can see, their glinting silver glaring back at me. The men tucked away in this hell slam their cups against them a horrid sound of metal on metal falling over my ears.

Jackson takes control, "Shut the fuck up! I'll have blade come for your hands!"

The beating stops.

Levi keeps me close, men are as predicted reaching through the cells towards me, "Is this the Luna? She is rather beautiful..." "Look at the ass on that human!" "Girly, girly, girly!"

I tuck myself further into Levi. The touch of his skin against mine, smell of comfort that he provides, is the only thing keeping me from screaming my head off. The claws of a man dig into my shirt, my side tugged back against from Levi. The yelp that leaves me is higher pitch than expected, a surprise to my own ears, "Please let me go." I whisper, the rogue laughing manically.

"Not until I have some fun!" He cackles pulling me further in, I stretch my arms out trying to get away, but freeze at the sound of a gun combined with the hot liquid that splays over my back. The arms slump down, the thump behind me telling me all I need to know. Levi's inner wolf is present, the pistol held calmly in his palm outstretched in front of him. He killed him.

"Come here Cherry."

I listen, walking over to him quickly. He drops his arm over my shoulder pulling me into him once more. My head is tucked into his elbow, and he makes it very clear that I am not to look back at the gory mess. Only the smell of copper that fills my nostrils is confirmation of what covers me. His blood.

"We are going to take the elevator." Jackson grumbles hitting the buttons next to a set of metal doors. The cabin opens, the three of us sliding in. I keep my calm waiting until the metal doors thud together before letting the tears slip to my chin. He could kill me.

And I was starting to like him.

He's a murder.

"Cherry, baby. Keep it together, okay. I will always protect you." Levi's whispers grate against my skin. Please goddess let me escape and get home. Please.

I dry my tears against the sleeve of my dress. Levi leads me out of the elevator taking a slight turn into a different set of cells. All of these are clear glass boxes, or at least of the sorts. Only air flow holes are in the front, nothing more. Not even a door to be let into the cell.

Levi wraps a hand through mine dragging me to the last cell on the left, Darrel slumped in the corner beaten blue. Holy fuck.

"Get the fuck up!" Jackson throws his fist at the glass type material Darrel shooting up from the noise. He looks around frantically, searching for something before landing on me. I curl my toes into my shoes and tuck a piece of clean hair behind my ear. My homely fear returns at the sadistic look in his eyes.

"You brought her." He laughs holding his hand against his chest, "A bunch of fucking idiots."