25. okay okay okay

"Please eat." Mary's voice is lighthearted from her designated seat at the table. No one bothers to look in my direction. I feel as though Levi had something to do with it, the raised healed pricks on my neck something to show for.

            "Not hungry." The idea of stomaching anything right now is nauseating. Personally, if I were to step away it would make sense to throw up into a plant they have stuffed in the corner. Levi gives a look, his fork laid across his plate in a respectful manor. No food touched, as per their weird rules.

            "Would you like to take it up to our room?" Levi whispers over to me. The burger and fries looks appealing, but even from the comfort of the bedroom my stomach won't settle.

            "No, I would prefer to go to bed." And get answers.

            "Pack, the Luna and I will be retiring early tonight. Please, enjoy your evenings." He calls out over the long table. The pack slams the back of their knives on the table, the beat familiar compared to the original time I witness such action. Some give suggestive eyebrow wiggles, women study me with a sad smile. I've learned some of their names, but most are foreign. Mary pushes herself away from the table as well.

            "Do you need anything, Luna?" She quizzes me quietly while I walk with Levi out of the dinning space.

            "I should be fine. Thank you. Please, you can still call me Cherry. I would prefer it." Remove the fear from my body, friend. Take me back to the simple days.

            "Of course. I'll be in my room if you need anything." Mary dips away from us walking down a side hallway.

            "Can I order you anything? Sushi? Pizza? A bottle of margarita mix?" He seems joking, but I know that if I asked him to buy me an island he would especially for the simplistic actions of a smile in return.

            "No. I just want to speak with you." I clear my throat, "And then I wish to sleep."

            The bedroom door clicks behind me. The bed looks comfortable, the warm smell of home surrounding me. Such a shift in response to when I was first brought here. Instead of running when I had the chance, I got shitfaced and danced on him. Instead of fighting harder, I have stayed and let him weasel his way into my heart. Fuck Levi Scarlett.

            "I need answers." My arms cross over my front, "I need to know how he knew of you, his involvement, and this marking bullshit."

            "That's a lot to explain."

            "And we have the time. I won't be sleeping in the same bed as you, or any bed that you own until I have these answers."

            Levi runs a hand through his hair. The pieces spike at the top but settle back down when he walks over to the bed. I watch him plop onto the edge and kick off his shoes, a good way to distract from conversation for just a moment longer, "Your abuser was the son of the local mafia lord. He was in line for the crown per say as long as he was married at the time of his father's death. Many letters he had sent out, and texts, mentioned you as an easy target, someone easy to control. Made for an easy ex-wife to be."

            "And he knew of you? Your kind?"

            "The mafia has rogues working for them with promise of protection under human law. It's a good system to keep them out of pack life, but still rolling in income. That fucker had two or three working underneath him and they are currently on a blood trail to find you. While the head of the snake was cut off, we still have the repercussions to deal with. The mafia lord is pissed and will retaliate soon enough for revenge against his son."

            "The mafia just run's wolves? Like lackeys?"

            "And more. It surprises me that you hadn't met them. They were around him twenty-four seven. My boys had to take them out before we could get a hold on him. Then, you know the end of the story."

            "Did he really? Do you know..." The words don't form, but my thoughts tumble together like a mass parade of chaos.

            "Yes. He did. He took videos and stored them on his phone." The tears that lined my eyes spill over onto my cheeks, "I wish I had the patience back there to kill him slowly. He deserved to feel every pain he inflicted on you."

            "Oh."

            Levi seems surprised at my lack luster response, and anyone with a right mind would be. This is horrid. My body feels so fucking used. I turn back to Levi letting him see the deep sadness that wrecks through me, "Is tequila still on the table?"

            "As long as I can put a sandwich in front of you."

            "Must I eat it?"

            He frowns, "I won't force you."

            "Okay."

            He sends a quick text on his phone, his full attention moving back to me as soon as he's finished. I watch the way his hair falls over his beautiful blue eyes, "I need something from you."

            "Anything. Anything you want, love."

            "I need you to remove his touch."

            Levi recoils, eyes widening, "Cherry?"

            "I feel disgusted, used, belittled to the point of fucking no return. I trust you, while I shouldn't, and I need you to fuck me. Remove the thoughts of his hands on my skin."

            The wolf comes forward, Levi losing control by the moment, "You have no idea what you are asking of me."

            "Didn't you say anything?"

            "I need you to understand the wolf side of things if we make love, Cherry. That's the first step to sealing our bond. Your need for me will heighten, the touch between us becomes more addicting, you'll crave for me as I you. Are you ready for those consequences?"

            A knock comes over the room. I walk over to the doorway and take the bottle of tequila and turkey sandwich from the kid. He sends a smile then runs off back down the hallway. I set the sandwich down onto the desk then unscrew the lid to the bottle. Tipping it back, the burning liquid fills my belly quickly. The bottle gets put on the desk as well, maybe five shots shorter than it was when we first received it, "Anything to feel like I own myself again. Just don't bite me."

            The flush of my cheeks is tell enough, the empty stomach being no better, "And we aren't making love. We're fucking."

            "Cherry."

            "Is that a yes, wolf?"

            He moves off the bed walking over to me with his shoulders back. I stand there waiting, his hand moving through my hair turning my head up to look at him. His jaw is set, eyes burning with passion, "I will do anything you need me to, especially to rid you of him. However, I must warn you, I am dominate in all things. Are you prepared for that?"

            "Just fuck me, wolf."