2. falling for an alpha

double update for new book release! read chap 1 if you haven't. <3

~

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you." I slur against my martini. The man from before gave me a craving for them, and the heavy-handed bartender became my absolute bestie.

"I so would dude. Like come on?" Mary pokes at my book trying to get me to give it up, and my fuzzed brain gives in.

"It's apples bro."

"Apples?" She goes crazy in laughter, sinking to her knees to keep herself from falling over. I beg her to stand up grabbing at her arms, but she shakes me off going to lay on the ground instead.

"You can't lay there! It probably has... bacteria."

Mary goes into another fit, holding her belly and spilling her beer all over herself, "You are the dumbest smart bitch I have ever met."

"Is that better than being the youngest oldest?"

"I love you." She grumbles, her hand against her head.

I sit on the floor with her, my feet doing circles in front of me, "I love you. Does this make me pack?"

She sits up reaching her long arm up to set her empty glass back on the bar, "No, being a werewolf makes you pack."

"And you believe you're a wolf?"

"I know I'm a wolf." She hiccups covering her mouth, "I so thought I was going to puke right then."

I mock her, hiccuping like a joke, she thinks I'm dying patting my back over and over again to try to get me to clear up, "Hey... hey..."

Neither of us stop messing with one another, the bartender setting more drinks out for us. I grab the martini ready to chug it in one gulp, but another hand snatches it from me, "You mother..." My head snaps to see who the asshole is, but my voice stops when it meets the crystal blue eyes of the sexiest man I have ever seen, "Oh, hello."

"Darling, do you really think you need another?" His voice is rough, scratchy, a forest dweller if I ever heard one, the intoxicating scent would have given him away if his voice hadn't.

"I need you to stop being so attractive and hand me that drink."

The man smiles, familiar tattoos of the dwellers lining his neck all the way down to his shoulders. The simple vee neck he chose to wear compliments his muscular build well, and I have to fight the drunk drool that wants to leave my mouth.

"I don't think you need this." He goes to put back on the bar, the bartender taking it back dumping the beautiful concoction down the drain.

"What in the hell? I am a twenty-five-year-old goddess and I deserve to get black out drunk. That isn't fair!" I stomp my foot like a child turning to Mary for her input, but she's passed out on the bar floor, "Well, never mind for that."

"If Mary is sleeping, then I know that a little human like you has had more than enough. Come on, you're coming with me." He bends down wrapping his arms around my waist lifting me up to where my head hangs near his ass.

"And little human! For your information, I wear a size six. That is consider smedium in the states." I punch at his back and kick my legs, but his arms shift down to hold my tree trunks back from the damage they could do, "Why are you man handling me?"

"Right now? For my protection rather than yours. You are acting like a child."

"Well, a man who is very sexy just swept me off the bar floor without any name or reason. I feel as though I should be fighting a little bit harder." I put my finger to my chin in thought, my brain mushing together into useless junk, "But feelings are hard right now, so."

I feel his laughter in my hips, "You are nothing like I would've thought."

"If it makes any difference, I still have no clue who you are and would prefer to move forward in this professional relationship with a name."

"Levi, my name is Levi."

"And a last name?"

"You need to know my last name? Planning on drawing our names together with a heart around it?" He jokes. I cross my arms making sure to drive my elbows into his back.

"Oh, did that hurt? My bad."

"You couldn't hurt me if you wanted to baby doll." Levi speaks quietly, the bar atmosphere no longer around us. I can see the white against the black telling me we are in the lot, but my ability to distinguish full placement has left since the third martini.

He sets me down on my feet, the world spinning enough that I start to rotate with it to slow it down, Levi catches me at the hips facing me towards him, "No you don't!"

"What are we doing? Am I being kidnapped?" I look around trying to find my yellow bug, "Because if so, I didn't pay my tab and that isn't fair."

Levi raises his brows to look at me, a face of disbelief, "You're getting kidnapped and more worried about paying a tab?"

"You are kidnapping me? I was hoping Mary bought a male stripper with an experience."

He pinches the bridge of his nose, deep breaths going in and out of his beautiful chest, "Yes, my drunken mate, I am kidnapping you and choosing to ignore the rest of that. Are you able to get in the truck?"

"Can I go home tomorrow?"

"Will you get into the truck if I say yes?" He holds the door open, a hand waving into the passenger seat of his truck.

"Yes." My head lulls to the right, then to the left watching his humorous face turn into one of frustration.

"Then yes. I will take you home if you get in the truck."

"Will I also get another martini?"

"You can have my entire bar if you get into this truck."

I try to wink and lift my hand to cover my face. Every nerve ending is telling me to book it, run for the hills, but my eyes tell me to stay and stare at the beautiful stranger as long as possible, "You know most kidnappers don't tell their victims outright."

"Well, most kidnappers are human and have to worry about overpowering the other. Darling, please." He waves into the truck again, and this time I try to listen.

I attempt to take a step forward to get into the vehicle, but my eyes aren't coordinated enough sending me face first into the asphalt. Time for sleep. 

.

.

.

.

welcome. he's a cutie I suppose.