27. one hundred percent!

I fell asleep, however he wasn't there in the morning either. It didn't seem to matter to much, it was better to go to sleep than plague myself with my own thoughts that late in the evening. While that was single handedly the best I have ever felt beneath a man, and it truly did its purpose, I still can fight off the guilt of it being only a few hours after the death of my ex-husband.

A pack member delivered the divorce papers this morning, a couple of x's in places for me to sign. The familiar signature of my ex is written over the papers. How did they get this? I have no idea. It's best to ignore the thoughts I might have about it.

"You up?" A feminine voice comes from the doorway, Mary peeking her head in. I finish sliding my shirt on calling her into the room.

"Yeah, just finishing up."

"I was sent to hang out with you!" She laughs moving over to plop on the bed. I try to seem calm, collected, but as my best friend I want to squeal like a pig.

"He ate me out!" I finally bark out, covering my mouth, "And then got districted by the wolves. He mentioned you going as well."

"No, he didn't!" She screeches in return, her hands moving up to slap her mouth, "It's been five days! I can't believe he was that convincing!"

"It wasn't that. It was the need to control who touched me. We were going to fuck, but then the rogues came through."

Mary scuffs checking over her fingernails, "Yeah those assholes are being beaten for info right now. Alpha was far from understanding towards their demands, and now it makes sense why. He was cock blocked!"

"Oh, for wolves' sake, you act like it's that important. And once again, weren't you supposed to be with him?" I grab my purse from the closet, a couple new credit cards filling my wallet all named Cherry Scarlett. I lift a black card up flashing her, Mary pretends to swoon at the sight.

"Not every day a hot male adds you to his black card." She coughs when I raised a brow, "But yes, I was with him through most the night. He sent me away around three when he realized it was going to take a while, wanted me to distract you until he was finished with business. Looks as though the rogues are attached to the nearby mafia. Always fun to deal with them."

"And why's that?"

"Money buys silence in their world. Doesn't help that Alpha killed the prince, at least in their eyes. Some fucked up trigger happy idiots. Their wolves even hate them!"

I slip my wallet back in my purse, "Care to elaborate?"

"Oh, right." She clears her throat, stretching out her arms dramatically, "While we can't speak to our wolves, we still feel their emotions and such. They can still have an impact on our decisions and actions. Like the black eye thing that still freaks you out. When a wolf goes rogue, most of the time it's the human's decision. The wolf disagrees and 'strikes' against shifting. These rogues last night are just glorified humans, whatever reason they went rogue wasn't good enough. Now some of them, their wolves are just as violent and choose to be a different type of lethal when leaving the pack."

"I guess I don't have to worry about him getting hurt then?"

"The Alpha? That fucker can't die. He's too stubborn. Especially when you are waiting for him. No need to worry." She pulls her red hair up into a tighter pony looking over the room the sound of her hair tie snapping through the room, "And why, should I ask, are you grabbing a purse?"
"If you are babysitting me for the day to assure I don't slit my own throat, fuck a random male, or run off, I had hoped to convince to go grab lunch at that mall close by. Maybe even snag a couple of cute pieces that I might use later. Especially if you are ditching work for this."

"Actually... Alpha overheard our talk at the bar. Started me a salary so I could quit at the lab. Told me my priority should be pack and he's sorry for not doing it sooner. So... thank you I suppose. Now, on the shopping. Let me clear it with Alpha and we should be good."

She clicks over her phone, a couple buzzes exchanged, "Oh and Mary?"

"Yeah?" She looks up with a wicked smile.

"I'm driving."

"The Alpha is going to kill me. Then you. Then me again." Mary whispers looking over the Bugatti Chiron in a custom midnight blue, all leather seating we stand in front of maybe half an hour later. I dangle the keys between my fingertips, the pup that brought me the keys shaking as he handed them over.

"And?" I scuff letting the door gracefully swing open. I drop into the driver's seat, the cool leather biting into my legs. My dress rides up to my hips, the expensive feel of the car so wonderfully tasteful, "At least we will die knowing we have ridden in a four-million-dollar car."

"What about your newly restored bug that sitting so wonderfully safe in the corner of the parking garage?"

I grab my sunglasses, well the sunglass I found, and slip them over my eyes. I lower my gaze at the shaking gamma, "What about it? Where's your sense of adventure? Come on, I promise to drive safe." I push out my bottom lip, her little hype jumps following. The pup from earlier runs over to the window, I roll it down with a glare.

"The Alpha wanted me to inform you of two things," He breaths heavy, I nod in encouragement, "One, please don't scratch this car or any other cars or yourself. In that order. Two, you have been added to his insurance policy, for all needed purposes with hopes it won't be needed."

"Thank you..."

"Zack. I go by Zack."

I give him a genuine smile, his face basking in the appreciation, "Thank you, Zack. Be back soon. Don't work too hard."

Mary drops into the passenger seat, her body cringing at how expensive of a car she is currently sitting it. I grin to myself, if he wants me apart of his life in all ways, let's see how he does with a Cherry shopping spree.

A good distraction from the beatings and sure bloodshed of that prison, and a good way to stir a fuck fight. Especially after he left he hanging so horribly, not even a vibrator to finish. My hand worked well enough but was rather lack luster compared to his mouth.

"Alright you ready?" I throw the car in reverse, the engine revving to life. Music, pure music.

"No, but if this is what you need, then I am here one hundred percent!" 

.

.

.

.