36. forgotten memories

This isn't what I expected. Death is so much more... feeling than I expected. Fire licks through my entire body, bones snapping piece by piece. I cry out begging for a reason that the gods would decide I'd have such a painful death. A painful last memory of the world I would be leaving. The world that I was slowly starting to enjoy.

"Another jump!" Bolts run through my body, my chest curling in a u motion. I taste the saliva that builds at the back of my throat. It's coppery, "Fuck come on! Damn it, Cherry. Stay with us."

I hear the wails of a woman, my mother? Why would she be crying for me? Another scream as the jolt moves through me. I feel my body snap in half, body folding forward. I'm in a half awake state trying to blend everything together, nothing makes sense, nothing worthy of making sense at least, "She's rejecting. Fuck Levi! Stop crying and get over here."

Levi? The man that pulled me from the bar? Wait who is he? Who are these names I keep hearing shouted around me, "Mary, grab towel. Her spine's snapped. We have minutes before we either lose her or she shifts. I need to clean up the blood so I can see."

Shift? I take the copper filling up over my tongue. I try to bend an elbow but it snaps backward. My scream resonates from me but only a gurgle of pain to showcase for it, "She's coming back! Again!"

The final bolt rocks me. I feel my eyes break open fear filling my entire being. Memories fall away from me. I can't keep a damn thing straight. Blue eyes meet mine. He seems happy to see me, but I fall back into a scream before I could register anything about him. His hands fall over me while I snap into another direction, "Everyone back! She's shifting!"

Fur sprouts over my skin. My heart races at the situation. What the fuck am I doing? What is going on? I fall off the bed my body become a ball of full. My new form throws itself into the wall trying to find balance. Neither me or the other voice whispering in my head can figure out why we can't stand. The man in a white coat approaches us with his hands out. I howl at him trying to tell him to go away, he doesn't listen, "Luna, Cherry, you lost your leg. You won't be able to walk until we get you a brace. I need you to focus on shifting back."

What is he saying to me? The inner thoughts agree. Nothing makes sense right now. This all absolutely fucked. Am I in hell? Is this where I end my life and become nothing more, "Hey, baby. Come back to me." The blue eyed man tells me. I snort. He raises his brows looking back to the doctor with worry.

"Her wolf doesn't know what's going on. She has no idea who we are. What the fuck Sanders?" The man yells standing up. I fall back on my ass looking down to see a numb instead of the rest of my left leg. Am I wolf? Where's my leg?

"This could be a trauma response. So much happened in so little time for her that she is choosing to remove all memories of the events. Until she shifts back I won't be able to identify how much memory she's lost, Alpha."

A blonde falls in front of me. She seems so kind, her smile lighting up the room. Another man stands behind her with his hand on her back, "Hey... do you know your name?"

I'm... Who am I?

"She doesn't remember." Alpha responds for me.

The blonde smiles again, "Okay. That's fine. I'm Mary. I'm a good friend of yours. You've been through a little bit lately okay? We are here to heal and help you. Can you do me a favor?"

She's nice. I'll listen to her, "She likes you Mary. She'll listen."

Sanders looks at Alpha, "You're scaring her. I need you to calm down or I'll have to ask you to leave before you do to much damage. Breathe. Mary has this." I didn't notice the anger coming off him in waves. Mary rubs her hand over my fur letting me purr against her.