9. kiss, mary, kill

Mary hunts me down after dinner, her smaller body compared to the large males finds it easy to swerve through the mass of people. Her red hair takes up most of my sights, Levi standing next to me talking to another member of this god forsaken cult.

"Hey, how are you handling everything?"

"Handling? You call this handling?" I toss my arms up knowing that everyone in this room can hear me. No fucks should be given when the level of privacy in this place is next to none.

"I know it must be hard, and I'm sorry for bringing you to the bar." She appears to be genuinely apologetic, but her ratting my ass out when I needed her most leaves a bad taste on my tongue. One that right now, I don't want to regurgitate.

"How would've you know? Right? Isn't this some magic bullshit anyway?" I wave my hand between Levi and I, a growl coming from the back of his throat.

"You enjoy testing him don't you?" She laughs trying to cover her mouth before he looks over.

I send him a glare and then focus back on one of my closest friends. While she upset me, her presence putting me on edge, I know that it will pass and soon I will hope to have her bubbly attitude around once more. Might as well try to put it behind me, "He's too easy. I swear. And he deserves it, manhandling a drunk woman."

"In his defense, you chose to get into his truck."

"Well, we both know how I am drunk. One way I hope to be tonight." I grumble looking down at my empty glass. Apparently it's normal for the pack to stay and talk after dinner, sometimes staying around for hours. Not my cup of tea, but it finally gives me breathing air from the crazies.

"I can... help with that." She whispers closer to me. No one perks up around us, not even a glance from Levi himself. I give her a nod and she switches her glass with mine, "They gave you the human stuff, try that."

I sniff before I sip taking in the deep smell of the wine. It fills me before I raise it to my lips letting the warmth burn down the back of my throat deliciously. The buzz burns the back of my eyes, and I send a wink to Mary. This is what I need.

She grabs another glass from the bottle, a car rolling through the people as they chat. I take another large gulp allowing the world around me to fuzz. This is all I want, a freedom and peace to experience nothing. The sway of the wine gets me into my own head finally away from the hassles of life. Mary starts to sway with me, both her and I dancing to our own turn. Levi takes a break from conversation to grab at my arm dragging me closer to him. I let him. No need to fight right now, it would ruin the warmth.

"Love? How much have you had?" He checks over my face, the final bit of the laced wine making it down my throat before he takes the glass. Mary giggles behind me, I laugh with her. This is nice, "Mary? Did you give her..." He doesn't need to finish his sentence. I sway a little too much and fall into him. His well sculpted arms wrap around me holding me close to him while the world continue to spins.

"She wanted some mental freedom, It was the least I could do for her."

"We don't need to be encouraging alcoholism." He spits, she just sighs shrugging her shoulders.

"We also shouldn't be ripping her from her home without letting her say goodbye." She retorts. I want to cheer her on, but my body's so heavy.

"Watch it." He growls, my body shaking with his, "Another word and I'll collar you."

"Just think about it, Alpha." She whispers walking away from us. Levi grabs around my waist tossing me over his shoulder. His hand splays over my ass holding me tight, I assume to poke out all the wrinkles in his shirt while he walks.

"You are going to be the death of me." He groans dropping me on the bed. I giggle sitting up straight just to fall back down.

"Good. Maybe then I can get away." I cover my mouth scared that I had said it aloud, "But don't tell Levi."

The three headed male shifts, my world rocking again with his continual movements, "I'm sure he'd miss you." The blurb responds pulling back the covers to let me slide in. I wiggle my feet back and forth to build some warmth, it waits for me to be done before laying the sheet back down.

"Levi wouldn't. My husband wouldn't. Mary wouldn't." My head is pounding, "I could fall of the end of the earth, and everyone would rejoice at the loss of my annoyances. Levi claims to care for me, want me, all these things, but deep down I know I am nothing more than a chemical reaction. That's all anything is anyways."

"You and your chemistry references. We are much more than that, love."

"But we aren't. The shift from human to wolf is unnatural, I can't believe it. I feel like everyone in this cult agrees with the joke and runs with it. I mean have you seen someone shift?"

The blurbs hums towards me, I feel the soft pillow surround my head while I continue to run my mouth, "And why would a man that attractive take even a moment of his time with me? Look at me, a brunette with green eyes named Cherry Bloom."

"A woman with radiant beauty, locks to be jealous of, and an ass that makes my mouth water. You my love, are something comparable to a goddess."

"You think he believes that? Really?"

"I do." I feel the sparks of touch trailing down my face. My mind subconsciously takes over leaning into him letting myself enjoy the comfort they bring me.

"That's nice. You know?" I moan into the pillow.

"Why is that?"

I tuck my chin close, pulling up the blanket as high as possible, "My husbands never called me a goddess, or even pretty. It's nice... for once..." My voice trails off slowly, "To be considered something more..."

"More than what, love?"

"More than a punching bag."

.

.

.