23. he loves you

"He loves you, Cherry." She whispers kissing the top of my head. I feel the warmth of her tear slide down my forehead joining with my own. She holds me close acting as a wall of comfort, things around me becoming rather uncomfortable.

            "He doesn't know what it means to love." I grumble back, her body shaking in laughter.

            "Teach him what you need, he only knows how to wolf you."

            I pull away from her taking a couple steps back. The sweats are soft against my skin giving the feeling of a warm blanket. Plain comfort. That's what I need, "It's overwhelming. He's overwhelming. All this emotion, all the time. I can't keep up. And then..." I take a deep breath focusing on getting through my thoughts, "And then Darrel drops he's some mafia fucker and raped me sleeping..."

            The tears rack through my body, pain swelling in my chest. I let my fingers dig into my shirt pressing feelingly into my soft breasts, bruises that's what I need. It'll remind me of the control I have, "My body isn't my own. It never has been. Then this wolf comes around demanding for it. It's a deep pit of fuckery if you ask me. I don't know what to feel, how to react, anything! One moment I'm thankful he ripped that man's head off, the next I'm scared he'll get pissed at me for denying him and kill me next."

            She runs back up to me, grabbing at my arms. Her eyes are wide while she looks over me, "Levi would never hurt you. He should have had more control in the cellars, but if that's the truth, then I can't lie to you. I would have eaten his insides before you could have taken a breath."

            "Are you all like this? So... murderous?" Her presence calms me, keeping me centered while life is definitely balancing on a sewing needle.

            "I would call us protective. Levi cares for you more than you'll ever understand. Even when you shift, his wolf will always be more. What he did, is right in the eyes of the pack. Protect the Luna, it's our code."

            "What makes me so important? What is it about being the Luna makes everyone so fucking touchy?"

            "You are the future of the pack. Without you, Levi wouldn't be able to continue being Alpha. Young would start dwindling, pack dynamics would crumble... the Luna is most important."

            "Young? Like kids?"

            This is good distraction, and she knows it while dragging me over to the bed, "Young, kids, whatever. We call them pups generally. As all humans get turned at one point, all children are full bloods. It's never been heard of for the human to come full term with a hybrid baby. The Luna has an essence about herself that encourages fertility in the pack. As we draw closer to the heat, many women are going to attempt for children, you simply being here will allow for such. If you were to leave, reject the Alpha... many of the children would die in the womb."

            I shoot off the bed a loud squeal leaving me. My hands run over my belly, a different type of concern, "I can't have that type of impact."

            "It's not like you have to go hold the women down while they get railed, Cherry. You simply being here with the Alpha increases the fertility of the pack," She huffs throwing her hands up, I see the flecks of black float through her gaze, "Unless you were planning on running for it?"

            "And?"

            "Cherry."

            "What? I can't stay here. I need space, time away to figure myself out. Therapy." I pinch the bridge of my nose. All the information and events have forced my brain to keep moving, not a moment to really process all the bad.

            "Cherry you can't leave. These women need you, the pack needs you!" Her wolf comes forward claws elongating from the ends of her fingertips.

            "Don't I get a choice here?"

            "Why not something less drastic? Getting your own room here, donating time to the pack? You'll love it, I promise."

            I flatten my lips shaking my head towards her. My hair falls over my shoulders the wet tendrils dripping over the front, "You would stop me, huh?"

            She stands off the bed her eyes filled with anger, "Of course I would! You're my Luna! Watching you throw away the best thing that ever happened to you after dealing with a piece of shit is not something I signed up for!"

            "Did you listen Mary? At all? God! I just want to be happy and not think about slitting my throat every five minutes!"

            "Is such a thing true?" The Alpha enters the room, a fresh set of clothes adorning him. His hair is slicked back from the shower, tattoos slipping from the edges of his collar. The words catch in my throat, his presence taking over me. I am my own worst enemy when it comes to Levi Scarlett.

            "Alpha!" Mary drops to the ground showing her neck. This is something I hadn't seen before, but the solid black irises tell me enough to know this isn't a typical human interaction between them.

            "Cherry. Are you fucking with me right now?" His growl resonates through the room, arms crossing over his chest.

            "About what? Leaving? Slitting my throat?"

            "Do you wish to kill yourself?"

            "Daily." The truth is harmful, in itself a weakness derived from pure human emotion. Sharing with him my deepest feelings, my shattered thoughts, only leads to more pain later. I would hate for him to cut his hands trying to piece my broken soul back together.

            "I can't let that happen, love." He steps over to me wrapping his arm under my legs, the other catching my back in a bridal hold.

            "Put me down, wolf."

            "Never."