33. a young wife

My head thumps wildly, the cold concrete floor beneath me sending me into a shell-shocked state. I press my hand against my temple trying to get the thumping to stop, but it continues the light of the cell only making it worse.

"Good morning sunshine!" A cackling voice calls through the room. It echoes horrendously into my ears. The head splitting pain forces a groan from me in response. Anything formulated would be too much for me, "Apologies the goons gave you a little too much whenever I sent them in to get you."

"Mrs. Bloom?" My mother-in-law stands before me in a blur of colors. The only recognizable thing about her being her eyes. The rest of her has drastically changed since the last family get together. Instead of her normal, long, grey hair its cut show in a chin length brown bob. The blue eyes I remembered are now a shade of green, and maybe a few syringes of filler to make her appear younger.

"Yes, yes. 'Tis me." She mumbles grabbing something off the desk that rattles as she walks back. The bars glimmer against the room light. Their placement is too close for me to do anything, nor would I try. I'm basically a fucking floor mat with how much my head spins with movement.

"You haven't changed a bit! Still have that unflattering hair style. I warned you about not wearing mascara didn't I. Look at you, so lifeless and dull." She rattles away while unlocking the cell door.

"Where the fuck am I?"

Mrs. Bloom clicks her tongue squatting before me. I can get a better image of her, a light amount of makeup covering her skin. She looks rather beautiful with this new style, however telling her that would cost me gouging out my own dignity.

"You really don't believe we would let you get away with killing two of our trusted rogues, do you?"

"Mother!" I scream as she drags me towards her by my injured foot. Her bloodied hand wraps around my throat forcing me to look her.

"Or our son? You fucking bitch." She throws me down my head bouncing off the concrete. The wail that escapes me is inhumane. I force my breathing to settle, the black dots covering my vision as I try to settle on the devil, "I really wish you hadn't screamed. Now my husband will know you're awake."

"How did I get- get here?" My voice is cracking, the pain unbearable. My foot bleeds heavily onto the concrete. Almost all the stitches snapped with her grasp.

"While you were busy fucking that bastard of an Alpha, and setting your pups against my own, I had some insiders take care of a few things. You were almost too easy."

"They attacked me," I mumbled referencing the store I went to with Mary, "What did you expect me allow them to rip me to shreds?" I spit. She laughs throwing something undefinable onto the ground.

"Yes. A life for a life. Your purpose was to marry my son and stay that way. I don't remember there being a discussion on him bleeding out in a wolf's cell."

She grabs at me once more. I try to crawl away, my hands the only reliable thing. I move maybe an inch away before a metal object slams forcibly against my hands seeming to break every finger on my right side, "Please stop!" I beg. She grabs my elbow pulling me up. My left hand reaches up trying to get some grip on her. The scream she releases as I run my nails down her face is enough to tell me I did something.

"You've earned everything coming to you." I feel her foot come down on my elbow effectively snapping it backwards. My body is screaming inferno of pain, the bleeding of my foot far more bearable than the fresh breaks. Her foot goes into my stomach. I launch across the room with my back hitting the concrete wall. Snot runs into my mouth, tears covering my face. Salt focus on the salt. It was my tactic growing up and must be my surviving tactic now.

"Darling didn't we discuss waiting until I've spoken to her first?" Darrel's father enters the room. I can't see shit, but I smell the horrid cologne he always wore. It was a favorite of his, and the one time I made a comment Darrel silenced me.

"She was pissing me off."

"Of course, of course. At least you left her breathing." He mumbled. His shoes squeak against the floor approaching me quickly, "Hello child. How are you doing?"

I spit at his shoes. He sighs.

"Not the response I wanted, nor the one I deserve don't you think? I've saved you from those god-awful wolves. You should be thanking me."

"Thank?" I mumble. My body's shutting down. It wants nothing more than to crawl in the corner and sleep till the pain has left us.

"Yes dear. We heard how you tried to run, and how resistive you were to that horrid bond. My wife wants vengeance, but I want to handle two problems with one stone." He stands whipping his hands down his covered thighs, "The pack you stayed with is a continual problem for me. If you are here, your mate or whatever will be rash trying to get you back. We kill the Alpha and his direct successors putting our inside man in the leading role, we will have control of all the pack. Now you on the other hand took away my beloved son. He was a little rough around the edges, I'll give you that, but I have something rather wonderful planned for you."

"Oh, get it out! I am spinning in excitement!" The wife calls out. I try to stay awake, his heavy voice sending chills down my spine.

"Our youngest needs a wife. And what better person than someone we can break. A submissive in all things. The pack will detest you; my son will handle you, and I'll get to watch your endless heartbreak slowly kill you.".

.

.

.