7. dinner with a pack bang

"Darling, it's time to wake up." Levi's soothing voice wakes me up from the dead sleep I found myself in. I don't know what it is but crying yourself to sleep is one of the easiest ways to stay asleep for far longer than you should have.

"Leave me to die." I groan digging myself farther into the pillow to avoid his hand that runs down my hair.

"I won't be doing that. You need to eat a real meal." He whispers, leaning close to me. I turn away to give him my back.

"Not hungry."

"Mm. Okay." I feel his hands wrap around my sides dragging me from the bed. I grasp for a pillow attempting to keep myself stuck to the comfy seats, "Come on, darling. You need to stay healthy."

For reproductive purposes?

"I'm really not hungry." I groan when he stands me up fixing my sleep hair.

In my deprived state I take his touch willingly, letting him stroke my hair and fix my dress. He is delicate with his touch, taking little to no time to adjust me properly. He wraps a hand around my wrist guiding me from the room and down the stairs. People wave at Levi, him waving back to most, but many of them stop and stare at me.

"We will eat with the pack tonight, they are eager to meet you." That wakes me up. I dig my heels into the carpet, Levi letting out a deep sigh, "And your cognitive."

"I am not eating with these people."

"You will respect the pack and your role, which includes eating amongst them." He pulls at my wrist again, and I take the rug burn from him dragging me.

"I don't even know them. I don't like them, I just want to leave." I use my other hand in an attempt to pry his fingers off me, but his grip is like iron holding strong against my resistance.

"Mary will be there, and you like her."

"I can also see Mary at work." My statement old holds a question, and Levi changes courses dragging me into an office space that holds a beautiful oak desk in the center.

"This is my office," I roll my eyes, "Not that you care."

"Look, I don't want to be here. I don't care what Mary, or the doctor, or you say, I don't feel a damn thing between us." He lets my hand go finally and I rub at the red wrist.

"Do you always say the most hurtful things that come to mind? Or is that just for me?" He spits pulling at his roots.

"It's a Levi special, actually." I cross my arms, taunting him. I know damn well that I feel a pull toward him, this unexplainable need to be near and touch him, but he doesn't need to know that.

"If I didn't have half a brain I would bend you over this desk and fuck an apology out of you." His eyes flicker blue and then back to black, his wolf.

"I'd rather choke." My insides curl at the thought. Darrel doesn't bother to have sex with me anymore, just another complication in the relationship I suppose. All that's done for me is make me a ticking time bomb, but I'm no cheat.

His solid blacks meet mine, a sadistic smirk across his face, "I'll make you eat those words, mate."

"Um... um..." I take a couple steps back with my hands held up, my fear becoming more and more evident as he takes slow steps towards me. Levi doesn't stop once my back hits against a solid background, both of his calloused hands pressing into the wall trapping me between his arms. The energy cracks between us, a subtle burn developing from his intentional closeness.

"Don't feel a damn thing?" He laughs taking a deep breath, "I smell your arousal little one."

"Please... no." I whisper turning my head into one of his arms with my eyes closed. His mouth dips down taking in my neck like sucking in a trail to my collar bone. My body squirms against the wall, a heat building between my thighs.

"No? But you seem to be enjoying it." He runs his tongue down my jaw, mouth stopping to hover over my lips.

"Levi." I beg once more, his trance breaking after a final breath.

The wolf steps back, arms falling to their sides. His chest rises and falls quickly, the crystal blue melting back into his irises, "Next time you lie about our bond, I won't stop my wolf."

I stay silent against the wall focusing on my own breathing. My entire body is lit on fire after that, and I can't seem to cool myself down. My back brain moans at our interaction finding that the sexiest thing to happen to us in a while.

"You won't be working anymore, to redirect back to business. I make more than enough to provide for you and any, or all, wants. You have been added to my accounts, and all credit cards. As soon as you realize your place, you will have access to all of it freely." He turns back, a fresh smile on his face, "And if you wish for anything, just tell me. I will get it for you. And if you would like, we will start building our home soon, you can start picking décor and appliances you would enjoy."

I skip over the ending, that's an argument for another time, "Not working? Levi, my passion is chemistry. I can't not work! That's like ripping my heart from my body and telling me to ignore the gaping hole in my chest."

"Your passion should be the pack, and that's that. As the Luna you will not work for the humans." His voice is cold, calculated, but he carries himself back over to me running the back of his hand down my cheek bones, "And you are meant to be spoiled."

"I can't just stay here. I'll go crazy." I move my hands up to his chest running them up and down letting the sparks to the talking. His eyes close, my touch more than welcomed, "Please, don't take everything from me."

Levi steps back my hands dropping back to my sides, "It's time for dinner, Cherry. We mustn't be late." 

.

.

.

.