12. let me prove it

Sanders took me to the pack house after our conversation, he made it clear that I wasn't to take any medication unless he specifically gave it to and that when I am ready to start trying for children (or before the Heat) to come back to see his wife.

Neither sounds great, but options weren't given, just more demands.

"Hello, love. How has your day been so far?" Levi meets me at the front wrapping his sparking hand through mine to lead me back up the staircase into his office. I don't say anything in return dropping into the nearby seat, "Silent treatment? Alright then."

"It's not silent treatment." I finally whisper out, "I just don't know how to talk to you like a normal person. Every time I see you I just get pissed."

He doesn't say much back, just nods his head grabbing some paperwork from the corner of his desk, "I'm working on a business deal currently, would you like to know the details?"

"I'd be better than sitting in silence I suppose."

More silence before he continues, "I plan to buy out a company named Telka. They are the leading cell phone service providers and with our income from the shares we hold in the computer world it would be very easy."

"And what is the purpose, what would they bring to the table?"

"My pack could have free service, saving everyone money, and they have projected profits that surpass most other companies." Interesting to think about the pack in such ways.

"Do you typically think about the pack like that? Buying out companies that would be a direct benefit?"

"Very much so. As Alpha everything I do is for the pack, day in and day out. While these profits keep the estate running smoothly and allow me to provide for my wife and mate, the main purpose is to give back to the pack that keeps this land safe."

Wife? "Interesting." I click my tongue looking around the larger office space. It seems cozy, books lining the walls papers stacked in an organized way throughout the room. A smaller desk sits on one side with nothing covering the surface except a standard desktop, "Do you have an assistant?"

"Actually," He coughs, "That's your desk. When you are ready to accept your role, I'll have it set up with everything you want and need."

Oh, "That's nice." What else is there say? Thank you? Go fuck yourself?

"How are you handling? Is there anything I can do for you to make this easier?"

My heart turns heavy a mild sadness filling me. It wasn't until this morning that I realized how much I missed about my day-to-day life, "What happened?"

"Can you elaborate, love?"

"To me. In the real world." I scoot back a little so I can prop my feet up on an ottoman, "How has no one come in search of me?"

Levi sighs dropping what he's doing tucking a pen behind his ear, "What happens to all the human mates. We sent in a notice to your job that you quit, paid off any debts you had previous to the pack, and left a note that you ran anyway in search of something better. A pack mate that runs the IT department handled the messages until people realized you were serious, thus leaving you alone. Photoshop posted a few photos of you in another country, and that was that."

"Pros at kidnapping."

"If that's how you see it." At least my credit cards are taken care of.

"What other way is there to see it?" I prod, Levi holding the tip of his thumb to his lips taking my calm demeanor in.

"The pack is taking care of you, and as soon as you accept me we can turn everything back over to you. However, I doubt you want your shopping card debt back, I can tell you had a shoe addiction."

"It wasn't a shoe addiction. I just needed a pair to match every outfit." I groan, he laughs.

"I can give that to you, love. Just say it and you can have the world at your feet. I want to give you that, and if thousands of dollars spent on heels gets you to like me just a smidge, then we will leave right now."

I keep a blank face trying to stay calm. The inner me is enticed at the prospect of shoes, a major weakness in my life next to sushi, "And what about my marriage?"

"He was served papers this morning, and if he refuses to sign that will be handled as well."

"He won't sign."

"Like I said, it'll be handled." He smiles, I try not to seem somewhat relieved. I could never afford to leave him, and he held money over my head like a treat. Darrel ruled me by just paying the bills and keeping me fed, the abuse was the payment for it.

"Do you mean it?"

"Mean what, love?" He pulls the pen from behind his ear tapping it against the back of his hand.

"You'd buy me shoes if it meant I'd like you a smidge."

Levi laughs nodding his head in a slow fashion. He doesn't seem to believe my question, almost surprised, "Anytime you wanted me to."

"How about a date then, prove it to me?" I bite my lip, knowing what it does to him, "And sushi. Shoes and sushi."

I don't think I have ever seen a man respond so eagerly to spending money as Levi Scarlett did in this moment, "Now?" 

.

.

.

.