8. i'm stubborn and i know it

"I told you I'm not eating dinner with these people." I pull at him while he drags me down the hallways no remorse for my arm while we walk.

"And I said before, you will respect the pack and your role. I am not trying to make this a game, Cherry," He turns giving me a wicked smile, "But I will if I need to."

"You are as dense as phosphoric acid coming from a pipette!" I grouch trying to pry the fingers off my smaller wrists.

"That made no sense, love, at least not to me." He keeps his voice level,

"I fucking hate you."

"I know. Now come on, first impressions matter." He grumbles pausing at doorway.

"Was me running in my pajamas barefoot across hot cement not a good enough one?"

Levi sucks in a breath quickly, the releases it slowly, "You live to make my life hell, hmm?"

"I think it's the other way around, wolf."

He says nothing pulling me through the final doorway to greet the mass of people that surround around the horribly long dining table. The idea of setting this every night makes me want to puke. Ryder pays no mind guiding me to the left head, two chairs with red backing sitting on one side compared to the rest with black.

"This is where we sit."

"I see no reason for special seating." I whisper, everyone looks over at me. Super hearing. Got it.

"I have nothing against punishing you in front of my pack. Act, accordingly, or it will be handled." He cuts under his breath shoving my shoulder down into the seat. His wolf is very present, and I run my tongue over the front of my teeth burning with anger.

"Are you threatening me, wolf?"

The Alpha growls, body starting to shake I go to stand up, continue the challenge so he either kills me or ships me back home, but that fucking doctor walks up with a glass of wine in hand.

"Alpha, Luna. Fantastic to see you tonight. I brought a glass of cabernet for the lady, one of the finest on our shelves in celebration." Sanders puts it into my hands, another warning look from him as well. Levi seems tired of it, his face telling me more than I need to know. Maybe I should play it safe, tonight at least.

"Apologies, to both of you. Being kept in the room has made me a little intolerable." I turn my head to the people, nodding slowly with my glass raised, "And apologies to those that heard."

Levi calms down, a look of confusion settling over his beautiful brows. I send him a wink settling into the comfortable dining chair. He settles as well, the set of the pack finding their seats as soon as he's comfortable. I've started the game between us, and he doesn't know it. 

"Thank you, Cherry." He whispers, but I throw back the glass finishing it off in one go. Sanders sits next to me at the table, refilling my glass promptly.

"I did it for the wine, not for you." I hiss back, chugging the second glass before the servers could run through. This time Levi fills it and pours heavy. He smiles to the pack and none of them find it odd that I am focusing on the wine, some of them are encouraging me with small smiles.

The servers move quickly, everyone getting a plate of chicken, rice, and greens within twenty minutes. I look over the meal picking at the toppings on the chicken, I'm not a fan of onions and based on the small cards they gave with the plate, I can't eat the sauce. Levi takes note of it, standing to tap his wine glass so quietly I had to lean up to hear. Everyone down the line and then some heard it, all turning to face us.