10. drunk me isn't honest

Double update!! read chap 9 <3

My drunk brain wakes up, the clock glaring a little past midnight. I hurl myself out of the bed, the sheet coming with me. I hear the faint groan of another, but my focus is on the bathroom and the pressing bladder against my stomach.

"Darling, where are you going?"

The floor is multiple levels, my feet lifting high before dropping to the ground. Huh weird. I drop the sheets walking as best I can to the door, the handle glaring at me. The hands of my captor wrap around me, the warmth surprising me. I sink into him letting his comfort seep through my skin, "I need to pee."

My voice is weak, but he hears me, "Let me help you, love."

"Please, don't." I groan even in my inebriated state I know what I really want, my body continually deceives me.

"You can barely walk. It's not out of your system just yet."

"I know." My hand slaps my face, another sound of discomfort leaving me.

Levi holds me up walking me to the bathroom, whatever was in that wine impacted me way more than I expected, and he seems more than ready to help me. Disgusting, his nice-ness.

"Here," At one point I must have been changed into a nightgown, him simply tugging my panties down so I can sit and relieve myself. A heavy sigh leaves me at the relief. Levi stands leaning against the wall while I handle myself.

I clean myself up and throw off the underwear walking myself, hands braced on the counter, to wash my hands. Levi lets me struggle staying against the wall. I watch him flush for me as well, then go back to waiting. Damn it.

"Are you done being independent or are you ready to rely on me for a single moment?" He runs his thumb across his nose, my eyes finally taking in his shirtless figure. The blue-eyed asshole looks delectable standing there with his dark tattoos lining over his skin. I force myself to turn on the water running my hands with soap. He smirks laughing to himself watching me struggle, "I see you eyeing me little one."

"I wasn't doing that."

"Mm." He walks over to stand behind me. His front settles against my back, arms coming around so he can wash his own hands. I settle between his biceps letting my mush brain enjoy the sparks spreading over my back, "Ready for bed?"

I look around the bathroom craning my neck up to stare at the bottom of his chin. Since I'd been taken, I hadn't taken the time to register our height difference him standing well over a foot over me, "You're so tall."

"And you're so small." He grabs my hand rubbing it between his palms, "And so human, breakable."

"I'm rather strong, you know." I gripe trying to shove myself away, but he keeps me pinned between his arms, "Will you let me go?"

"Never." He whispers and I know he speaks about more than just now, he speaks about forever.

"I miss knowing." I whisper letting my spinning head fall back into his chest. Why are you so comfortable? Why is it so easy to respond to you?

"Knowing what?" He kisses right under my jaw, I let out a hum in happiness.

"Knowing what pain, I'll experience. With my husband I always knew what to expect, with you..." My thoughts trail off and he takes that as an invite to continue. I study him, the way his jaw sets, the strong lines, and beauty that this man holds. I look so bland next to him making funny faces in the mirror trying to take my focus from my sadness.

"You look stunning."

A tear runs down my cheek, Levi uses his thumb to wipe it away, "I'm so fucking broken, Levi."

The sadness racks through me, my body shaking at the truth weighs over me. My throat swells, eyes getting puffy as I cry. Levi pulls me into him flipping me around, so my head is tucked under his. I feel his hands rubbing into my back massaging out the muscles, "Let it out baby."

"He ruined me, Levi. I can't... I have to go back, but I don't want to." I choke a little, the salty tears building at the back of my throat, "And you tell me we are meant to be, but what if you finally shatter that last bit of resolve I have? Destroy the final parts of me I hold close?"

Levi takes a deep breath kissing the crown of my hair, "I love you, Cherry. I'll never hurt you. I'm here to care for you."

"You love me?" The darkness hits the edges of my eyes, the sleepiness finally winning against my stubbornness. I force myself to stay awake, Levi laughs.

"I do, very much so."

"But it's so fast... it's been two days."

He lets me pull my head away to look up at him, a smile is present, "Wolves are different than humans, love. We live our lives for our mates, and my wolf already worships you."

"But all I do is piss you off?"

"And I still love you for it. Our wolf isn't used to the challenge, but with you... we enjoy the possibilities." He shoves me from the bathroom letting me lay on the bed, I smile into the pillow loving the fact his scent surrounds me again, "Now it's time for bed."

"Are we going to talk about this in the morning?" I mumble, the stars sprinkling over my vision.

Levi kisses my lips, I briefly return it. I swear I hear the faintest moan from him, "You won't remember this, my love. Now, sleep."

And I do. 

.

.

.

.