19. whoops she might be less terrifying

Levi took that to heart, grabbing his cell and making a call before he fully exited the vehicle, "Alpha, you need me?"

"I expect Darrel Bloom found before nightfall. No matter what it takes."

"He crossed into other territory, Alpha." The other males calls back through the phone. I take the time to walk towards the bar, Levi following close behind in case I make a run for it.

"Get any sign off's you need. I'll have my cell on me. Whatever it takes, Jamal."

"Yes, Alpha."

The call ends, the Alpha himself looking at me with a shy smile, "It'll be handled."

"I didn't mean for you to set your boys on him, but..." I take a deep breath focusing on being positive, "It's much appreciated."

He seems surprised by my thanks, a pause in his step. I try to shove off the emotions that rise to my surface, the subtle warmth that comes over me. I can't let myself get swept under his umbrella of love and care. But why not? Once I'm actually divorced from that hell of a man, maybe...

No.

"Come on, you need a drink right?" He tugs at me with a smile, I nod grinning ear to ear.

"Maybe two!"

"My treat."

We bust through the doors, pack mates cheering at our entrance together. Levi's arm is wrapped around my waist, my hand on his chest. We probably look like a picture-perfect couple, actually happy. I see the wiggly eyebrows of Mary in the background my attention shifting to her. I give Levi one last pat, "Of course it's on you, I haven't been able to find my wallet since I got here!"

He presses a kiss on the side of my head shoving me towards the bar. My bright red cheeks greet Mary, her squeals taking over the bar, "Girl you two are spicy tonight! Something finally happening?"

"No, no. He is just being extra sweet, don't mind letting him sneak a kiss or two when I have a closet full of shoes." I mumble leaning into the bar. The bartender drops what he's doing running over to me.

"Luna?"

"Just call me Cherry, please." The bartender shakes his head.

"No can do, Luna. Alpha made it clear you are to be referred to by title unless ranked. I'm Holt, I own Death Hole." A calloused hand is reached out, I take it with a firm shake.

"I'll handle that later then. But thank you, Holt. Nice to meet you. May I get a double tequila diet? Short." He runs off grabbing it off the shelves before sliding it over to me.

"I'll make sure Alpha gets the tab later. Glad to have you back in the bar."

I smile taking a sip of my drink, the smooth tequila burning the back of my throat. This definitely doesn't taste cheap, however it's not my problem. As long as Levi is willing to take care of me I don't think I'll mind living my life. For the first time in a while, I feel as free as a bird whilst I am trapped in a cage. Such an ironic situation, I feel more alive when held close. I guess it all comes down to the company you keep.

Mary grabs my upper arm dragging me to a table, "Girl, you are not going to believe how work is handling without you."

"Please spill!"