29. lay with me

I scream into the hospital pillow, my body jolting up from the thin mattress as the antiseptic is poured over my skin. The scream that breaks through me is blood curdling, Mary crying with me at the sight. She begs me not to look, but the way my muscle hangs off the bone is horridly captivating. If this wasn't on me, I would be rather interested, but the fact that I feel every single shift in my breathing drags me from my foreign interest I would normally have.

"Luna, I need you to breath!" Sanders yells out as I shake my foot against his hand. He works hard to keep me still, his wife standing on the other side of me to keep me at least in view. Mary closes her eyes as soon as the stitches come out, the muscle and skin starting to be put together as best as possible, "You have a lot that can be saved! Mary did well to keep her off you as best she good. No broken bone. I just need you to keep as still as possible, I don't have any pain killers that are good for humans."

"Fucking kills me Sanders!" I scream once more digging my head into the pillow to keep myself as still as possible. He grunts working quickly while Mary whispers comforting words over and over.

"The Alpha." The wife whispers, her voice is scared, "He's here."

The room starts to weigh heavy from not only my fear, but theirs. I sense a drastic shift in the room as the quiet themselves and focus on working as fast as possible. Potentially, with hopes that Levi won't see the damage before it has been fixed.

Mary bends down to whisper to me, "Please for the love of anything good in this world, please let him do what he needs to calm down. His wolf is guiding him."

"What? Mary?" Try to grab at her, but the whole team stops. The three wolves drop to their knees and show their necks, Sanders keeping his hand over my foot as a place holder for his stitch work. Tears continue to shed down my face as Levi stands with solid black orbs at the end of the bed. His glare is so intense I must bite my lip to keep from submitting like the other three.

The energy that comes from him is heavily, a drug that keeps me from the pain resonating through my leg. His hand outstretches over me. I watch him gently lay his hand on my hip. The electric sparks crackle through his touch and Sanders is ordered to continue. I keep my wailing on the low as Levi watches me. Mary steps back to grab anything the doctors need letting Levi have the space.

Levi settles himself on his knees right next to my head. His hand comes up to caress my sweat filled hair, a look of pure agony coming over him, "How are you doing, love?"

I crack a grin trying to comfort him, "I've been better, but I've also been much worse."

"That fucker almost took your foot off." His growl is deep, a threat that wasn't meant for me.

"And your gamma handled it. If she wasn't there, I'd be dead, or worse, in the hands of the mafia." I lay my bloodied hand on his cheek rubbing my thumb back and forth in comfort. He curls into my palm small growls of approval leaving him. So much like a dog.

"I should have fought harder for you to stay home or have been with you." He lays his forehead against the bed. While the pain is horrid him being near takes some of it away. Almost like he's my own pain medication.

"I bloodied the expensive car."

"Be damned the car." He grips my hip tighter, the other hand moving into my hair, "All I care about is seeing you breathing."

"Alpha." Sanders interrupts the sweet moment between us. I peak down to see my ankle cleaned up, "Ready for your inspection."

"Inspection?" I mumble looking over the well-done lines.