14. levi and his wallet and me

"This isn't a mall; this is small town Levi."

"It has buildings that sell things, and it just happens that the wall ways are streets." He taunts pulling me behind him guiding me through the overwhelming number of adults that wonder in and out of the stores, "Here look, a shoe store."

"I have never, not once, had the money to step into a Neiman Marcus." The designer shoe store mocks me as we enter. Price tags scream at me, three sometimes four digits taking over the white slips.

"Don't look at that, just pick a few pairs you want." Levi whispers against my ear shoving me slightly towards the women's section. I shake my head trying to turn away and find a shoe carnival in this town of horrors. The sale's lady got to me first, her ear-to-ear smile stopping me from making my exit.

"Hello, Mr. Scarlett. How may I assist the both of you today?" Frequent shopper?

"Nice to see you again, Tracey. This is my fiancé Cherry, and she needs a few different pairs. One of almost every type. Could you help her?"

Tracey bows, her cleavage on full display when she does. Something inside of me stirs, but I force it down. No need to be jealous over someone you don't want. The sales lady grabs my wrist talking my ear off from Levi all the way to the displays, "You will need a great simple heel, some sneakers, closed and open wedges..."

"How about I point at what I like, you get me the size, and we call this a day." I didn't mean to come off rude, but the way she handled herself moments ago rubs me the wrong way. Also, I want out of this store as soon as possible. While I love shoes, I also love finding a good deal.

"If that is what you prefer. While you shop would you like a glass of wine?"

"Wine while I shop for shoes?" My brows crease, mouth flattening, "Is it free?"

Levi laughs from behind me, "Please Tracey, grab her a cabernet." Tracey flashes her teeth giggling like a schoolgirl when she runs off.

"I don't like her." I spit. Levi keeps laughing at me.

"Jealous, little one?"

I roll my eyes, "Of her? Absolutely not. More like I don't want my heels served with nipples."

"You're the only woman I want, Cherry. I promise her antics are more than ignored."

"I told you I'm not jealous."

He hums walking over to a set of strappy heels. While pretty, they were something that I would need walking classes to take on. Tracey returns, a glass of wine in her hand, and it seemed a dark liquor over ice in the other, "Here, I brought you a Blanton's on the rocks, just how you like it."

"I did not request it."

She pushes her elbows together, her cleavage moving up, I gag, "I just want to make sure one of our top customers is taken care of and comfortable."

Levi pinches the bridge of his nose, something he tends to do when something irritates him, "Tracey, focus on my fiancé. I am not in the mood to deal with you."

She whines at him trying to hand it to him again, something finally snaps in me, "Why don't you back the fuck up? 'Kay? He's not interested." I give her the largest, most forced smile you could give a person, "And Tracey, I hope you enjoy sucking your bosses dick later when you're begging for your job back."

I wrap my hand around Levi's upper arm forcing him to follow me. While he could overpower me at any moment he lets me lead him from the shop. Fire burns through my veins and I let it. This confidence is something I haven't had in a while, and it feels good.

"That was the hottest thing a woman has ever done for me." Levi chokes up as I angrily stomp down the sidewalk. He steps forward wrapping his fingers through mine, and I take the time to calm myself. I shouldn't be acting out like that, no matter how great it felt to take all this pent-up anger against someone.

"Just take me somewhere else, please. And make sure she's fired."

"Already done." He clicks away with his other hand on his phone, the sound of a screaming manager coming from behind us. Too easy, "Here, this is my second favorite place."

He directs me into a different shop I didn't get to catch the name of. Before I really get my foot into the door a male is approaching me with a friendly smile, "Hello and welcome. How can I help you both today?"

Levi speaks up, "She needs a few pairs of shoes, one for most standard actives."

"I really want someone I can just point at the shoe, you find my size, and we don't talk." I smile unsure, the salesman laughs giving me a good positive reaction.

"That is something I can do for you. Let's start on one side and work our way over okay?" He clicks something away on the tablet he has in his hand, "And please, call me Jack."

"Thank you... Jack." I walk over to the women's shoes, some already standing out to me. Now that the shoes are in front of me, and the price tags are hidden, I lose all idea of modest and start nodding at anything I even slightly like. If Levi really wants to see the damage I can do on a wallet, let's play.

Jack takes inventory running like a chicken with his head cut off every time I pause to try something on. Levi nods or shakes his head at some style, but mostly reads my face to see what I think before giving his opinion. Halfway into it, I can't wipe the smile off my face. Every time Jack brings the next pair it's like Christmas. Everything from heels, to sneakers, to plain sandals get me laughing. This is fun.

"And that's all of them." Jack calls out handing me the last pair of heels that I wanted to try on. I slip the black pumps over my heel screaming internally at how well they paired against my skin, definitely a favorite.

"Would you ring us up?" Levi calls out to Jack who nods excitedly. If I was in his shoes, pun intended, this would be horrid to ring up, but he doesn't seem to mind pulling out his scan gun going to town on the some-odd shoes I have lining the wall.

"That'll be..." Levi raises his hand to stop Jack from finishing.

"She doesn't need to know the total. Whatever it is, is fine."

"But sir?"

Levi stares him down, the salesman gives up swiping the card. His eyes open in surprise when it goes through with ease not even asking for a verification of some sort, "Thank you. I'll have my men come pick this up."

Two men that I hadn't seen walk in, both giving me a smile before grabbing the first stack. I try to play it off when Jack looks at me sending me a soft wink, "Please come back again."

"With her love of shoes, most likely we will return. Thank you again, we will be heading out." Levi hands me my original sneakers squatting down to put them on my feet. He's careful with each foot tying the laces snug before standing, "Ready for a late lunch?"

"Are you sure?"

"Come on, I reserved us a table."

.

.

.

.