24. put me down please

"Levi, please, put me down." The necklace he gifted me dangles from my neck, my body thrown over his shoulder in a mongrel way. He walks us back towards his office, a common place for arguments between the two of us.

            "Do you know what you speak of? How that makes me want to react?" He takes a slow and steady breath, "I want to chain you to the bed and force feed you until the end of our days. Anything to promise you won't leave me."

            He settles me in the office, my feet welcoming the soft carpet. I enjoy the simplicity of the office and the décor that fills it. A comfort of sorts, "Levi, I can't do this. I can't do this."

            "Do what? Be with me? Be a wolf? Live?" He wraps his hands around my upper arms. My front teeth dig into my bottom lip, eyes trained on the floor.

            "Levi you killed someone. Admitted to killing many more. How do I know that one day you won't find me a bore and kill me? How can I know that anything you say is real when out of nowhere I am being drug through a prison and just listened to the death of my husband? A wolf. That's the least of my problems. The amount of terror pulsating through me is cynical." I grab the necklace snapping it off from around my neck. The diamond glints in the ceiling light. Grabbing his clenched fist, I shove the gift between his fingers followed with a few steps back.

            "What is that? What are you doing?"

            "Whatever was happening between us, whatever potential we had. I'm done. How do I reject you?"

            Levi falls to his knees, hand's going to his chest. The snap of pain in the bond catches me off guard, the heart ache he feels so strong that even I can taste the sadness on my lips. He shuffles over hands grabbing at the back of my legs. Tears form on the base of his eyes then slipping down his beautiful face, "You don't mean that. Please for fucks sakes you don't mean that."

            "Tell me Levi."

            "Cherry." He cries out, head falling into my knees. My right hand moves into his hair, the need to comfort the surrounding heart break taking over normal thoughts, "Anything baby anything you want. Please."

            "I..."

            He looks back up to me. The last bites of my broken heart shatters to dust. I've broken the Alpha. His eyes demand me to listen, to take back what I have asked for. Levi's heart wrenching sadness fills me the bond cracking with such energy that I have to force myself to breath. My body sinks down onto my hunches, Levi's arms wrapping around me to pull me into him. My head setting right in the crook of his neck. Our tears mix together as they slip down on chins, dripping into our tangled thighs.

            The cold chain of the necklace hits my ankle, his fist releasing from the tight clench Levi had around the jewelry.

            "Cherry." His voice is barely above a whisper, "I'll leave you human, denounce my title, move us across the world, whatever you want. Just please, love, don't do this. I can't live without you." His lips move against my collar bone, the pleasure zipping through me. A direct disconnect from the feelings that float through the room.

            "Why is this so difficult?" I cry into him, "Why do I want to forgive you?"

            "Our bond is sacred. You are my gift from the goddess, and I am to protect you always."

            "Levi, my heart say's one thing, my mind tells me another. I can't rely on just emotions." A hiccup leaves me, he tightens his hold on my back.

            Our breathing moves in sync, hearts beating against one another. I feel the light movement of his fingers in a simple massage on my back. The electric buzz is so wonderful, something that I wish I could lean into forever, but my fate is not to be happy.

            "You won't leave me, Cherry."

            "Levi, if I want to..." He cuts me off pulling me into him closer.

            "I promised myself I would never force you to do something you don't want to do, but this is where it has to break. For your safety, I must do something you will hate me for."

            "Levi?" I press against him trying to pull away, but he holds an iron grip around me keeping me close, "Levi what are you talking about?"

            "As a human you are trying to decide on something you don't understand. And love, I beg you to please listen to your heart. I have heard the truths of your thoughts and know that you wish to be with me. I love you, Cherry."

            "You can't possibly..." I feel the scrape of canines against my collar bone. I attempt to squirm away, but my strength is failing as is my fight, "Levi, please. I won't reject you. I won't run. Just stop whatever you are doing."

            I feel the light pinch of teeth, a painful nick following. The warmth of my own blood pools on my collar bone, "Do you promise not to leave me?"

            "I promise, Levi. I will stay. Let me go, let me have space."

            He pulls away from me. I dig my heels into the ground to get away as fast as possible. Back slamming into the wall, I finally allow myself to breath. The Alpha sits back on his calves, palms upwards in the air against his thighs. Head hangs low. Nothing like the strong man that has stood before me days before, "I hope one day you would understand my love for you. I'm sorry I have hurt you so and beg for your forgiveness."

            My hand lays over the bleeding wound, "Were you planning on ripping my throat out?"

            "No, love." His head snaps up, fire filled eyes meeting mine, "I was going to put my mark on you. Claim you as mine for all to see."

            "By biting me?" My face is a mess of confusion and fear, such barbaric tactics should be done away with.

            "It is said to be very pleasurable."

            A knock rakes over the door, the voice is Mary coming through, "Alpha, Luna, dinner is being served."

            Dinner? Already?