Ch.1 - A hero's broken record

If there was one thing that Izuku Midoriya had learned, it was that part of being a hero was being prepared for the unexpected. Between nearly dying multiple times within a few months and being allowed to achieve his dream in potentially the most incredible yet grotesque way possible.-

He swore he could still taste shampoo most days...

-Izuku tried to mould himself to catch the curve balls that were his life.

However, nothing could quite prepare him for the words his teacher, Aizawa Shouta, was about to tell him when he was called into the teacher's lounge...

"Eri has been replaced by an alternate version of herself." The teacher spoke plainly, practically deadpanning.

It took a few moments for Izuku to respond, his eyes widening as his jaw dropped as far as it would go.

"...C-Come again."

Aizawa sighed. "You best come with me, Midoriya. We'll walk and talk."

The teacher slumped off his chair, his movements almost as tired as his expression.

"U-Um... Ok."

Izuku blustered as he moved to follow his teacher out into the hall. A million questions were bottlenecking in his throat as Aizawa began...

"I'll start from the beginning. Eri's Quirk has seemingly accidentally triggered."

"Seemingly!?!" Izuku questioned in disbelief.

"Yes... Seemingly. I wasn't there when it happened. Ask Mirio for those details when we get there." He drawled.

Izuku's expression matched the weary tone of paint that lined the hallway walls. He couldn't help but wonder if that was an excuse so that his sensei wouldn't have to explain more than he had to. Izuku respected his teacher but had learned that Eraser-Head was not above passing on work that he deemed 'illogical' for himself.

"To be honest, Midoriya, I'm not entirely convinced.-"

Aizawa's expression became wearier.

"-However, I also know Eri isn't one to lie or fake being as out of place and scared as she was. Regardless of what actually happened, something is clearly affecting her."

A frown began to form on Izuku's face. He and many others had done so much to make the girl smile. Now fate seemed to want nothing more than for her to suffer again.

"What can I do to help!" He almost shouted.

A faint smile passed the teacher's expression, seeing the resolve in his student's eyes.

"Well, Midoriya, that's why you're here.-"