Ch.13 - Heroes of Discourse

Izuku and his mother were now most of the way down in the elevator, discussing what transpired with Ryukyu and Eri, not unlike how sports fans would discuss the aftermath of a big game.

"I think that went pretty well! You did a good job, Mum."

Inko waved her hand. "Oh please, I didn't do much. I don't see how I couldn't get along with them now that I met them."

"You were pretty concerned at first... I'm kinda surprised you didn't talk about the relationship the other me has with Ryukyu over there."

"Don't get me wrong, Izuku. I was definitely tempted. But I decided I'd better not make your boss too uncomfortable."

Sweated beaded on his temple. "I'm glad you decided that..."

Inko then smirked. "Of course, I could always bring it up next time?"

The beads of sweat became thicker on the boy's brow. "Please don't."

The mother laughed. "We'll see... Although, she wouldn't make too bad of an actual stepdaughter. Ryuko's kind, capable, responsible, and obviously doing well for herself."

"Mum, please..." He groaned.

"I'm just kidding, honey. You're still in high school, for goodness sake." She waved bashfully.

The young hero flushed red. "Good to know..."

--

Ryuko and Eri were sitting on the lounge room couch, watching 'How to Train Your Dragon 2.' After Ryuko told the child of the movie's existence, there was nothing more Eri wanted than to watch the sequel.

As relieved as Ryuko was that she wasn't watching the first instalment anymore, she couldn't help but feel that she would be subjected to this movie for days on end instead. It didn't help that she didn't like this movie as much as its predecessor.

However, that wasn't the dragoon hero's biggest concern, which was all too noticeable to the ever-present Tempest.

Ok, Ryuko. What's bugging you now? I thought you'd be happy. We got through today without Inko finding out about the mark.

'...I'm just disappointed with myself... I wanted to talk to Midoriya about the whole fake boyfriend situation. But there was no opportunity to sit him down for a while and talk about it without either Inko or Eri overhearing it.'

Why would it matter if they overheard?

'B-Because... because... It would be embarrassing.'

The disappointed presence shook her head at her host.