Ch.24 - A new Horizon

Hero society...

The foundation upon which most of the modern world built itself.

Where professional heroes are placed in the limelight... And how the world saved itself from the disorder caused by the advent of Quirks.

With how commonplace it is now, it's often taken for granted how hero society came to be. When asked, most will point their finger at the 'hero capital of the world.' The United States of America.

For you see, the USA was the first to establish a prototype form of what would later become what we now call 'hero society,' creating special schools for those with Quirks and offering career options. This was eventually an idea that spread across the globe... but that is the most simplistic interpretation.

The truth is rife with political ploys.

While it is correct that America invented hero society, how this idea reached the rest of the world is more complicated and questionable than most American diplomats and historians would like to acknowledge.

In the beginning, when everyone saw that America had managed to dig itself out of the chaotic pit of civil strife that was Quirks at the time, naturally, everyone wanted a piece of the pie.

In other nations, Quirks were still an issue under, at best, tenuous control. Yet America had managed to turn this problem into something beneficial, making their economy boom like no one else.

Many nations had requested aid from the States to help them establish their own hero societies, wanting to set it up as quickly as possible without screwing it up somehow.

America's president at the time had agreed to help out other nations and bring peace to the world. Even giving a famous speech repeated in history classes globally.

But as any good historian knows, there are always two sides to every story, and this president was no different.

While this president did intend to help expand the success of hero society, he also intended to spread the values of America at the same time—or, more accurately, his values.

You see, this president was notoriously nationalistic. He took pride in everything American to a concerning degree. He saw other nations as, at best, misguided.

This president didn't just want to mend the chaos brought on by Quirks. He sought to fix the world in his image.