Ch.29 - Stormy Relations

Izuku was once again in the classroom for homeroom. Although he was usually energetic and ready to learn, he was currently lethargic and depressed. However, that wasn't just because he was fatigued.

'Why did I say that to Ryuko...?-'

He scratched his head with both hands as his face rested against his desk.

'-Why am I even upset about this, to begin with? I don't even know what I want... It's not like telling her, "I want to keep doing the meetings because I like you." would make things better... Would it?-'

The boy continued to muffle grumbles into the table he was lying on.

'-No, I've been over this. It would just make things difficult. Even if Ryuko did feel the same way, and not just because of the mark... stupid US law changes. Why did the age of consent have to be one of the laws that didn't get reverted...? Jeez, now I sound like those old traditionalists who complain about how America ruined everything.'

"Midoriya! Wake up!-"

Izuku shot up, seeing Aizawa staring daggers at him as the boy eeped.

"-The only one allowed to sleep during class is me. Understood?"

The boy knew better than to question that. "Yes, sensei!"

The teacher calmed slightly. "If you're too exhausted, you can head back to the dorms, but don't waste my time."

He shook his head. "I'll be fine. This won't happen again."

Aizawa nodded rigidly and focused back on giving his lesson. "Good, now that we don't have any interruptions-"

*WOEEEEEEEE WOEEEEEEEE WOEEEEEEEE*

Before the disgruntled teacher continued. The fire alarm went off.

"WARNING! THIS IS A DRILL! PLEASE MAKE YOUR WAY TO THE EVACUATION AREA!" Blared the speaker in a pre-recorded robot voice.

The teacher gritted his teeth. "Son of a... Alright! All of you make your way to the grounds. Use the stairs, don't use the elevators, yatta, yatta, yatta. You know the drill."

The class quickly gathered their things and started making their way outside. Even the hazard-prone UA had to follow standard fire safety regulations, including random fire drill practice.

The moment Izuku got outside the classroom, the boy deflated. He had hoped for lessons to distract him from his troubles, but now all he could think about was how he couldn't see Ryuko again until tomorrow.

'...This sucks.'

The young student, looking for something else to distract him, reached into his bag and pulled out his hero notes, flipping through what he had written and drawn so far.