Ch.37 - Strife of Tarisu part 2

Kota knocked on the door not once but several times. For a long time, he got no response, but he persisted until...

"Just leave me alone, Grandma..."

The boy raised an eyebrow at that.

He was relieved that he finally got an answer, but who was 'grandma'? Did Eri mean Inko?

'That's pretty rude calling her grandma because she's older...'

The boy pushed the thought aside. "It's me, Kota!"

He heard some shuffling in the room... angry and maybe even surprised shuffling. "WHAT THE HECK DO YOU WANT!?"

The boy sighed heavily, reminding himself to be patient. 'Come on, Kota. What would Deku do?'

"Look... I know you don't like me, but... I know how you feel."

"HOW COULD YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL!?"

Kota gritted his teeth. "YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE WITH A HERO PARENT, YOU KNOW! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW LUCKY YOU ARE!!"

The moment those words left his mouth, he immediately regretted it as he heard angry stomps coming toward the door from the other side.

Soon, the door was forcefully pulled open as Eri, in her unbridled rage, poked her head out with a glare.

"HOW AM I LUCKY, HUH!?"

Kota breathed in and out as he cast his gaze to the ground. "Because your mum is still alive..."

Eri's face changed expression immediately as she looked at him with pity. "Oh... right."

The boy tilted at that reaction. 'She knows?'

Kota then shuffled his feet, pulling his hat down to cover his face. "L-Look... can we just... I don't know, talk?"

Eri frowned deeply in thought as she stared at him. The boy himself had no idea what to expect. Heck, he didn't even really have a plan. Kota was just doing what his gut was telling him to.

"Alright... you can come in." Eri pulled the door open wider as she gestured inside.

Without a word, Kota nodded as he stepped inside. Taking in all the draconic imagery as he looked around.

'Wow, she really likes dragons...'

Eri moved to her bed, sitting on it as she fiddled with her hands. "So... what did you want to talk about?"

Kota fiddled with his hat, having no idea what he was supposed to say. "Um... I guess... You know... Ryukyu left to do hero work instead of staying here with you. You're angry at her, right?"