Ch.21 - Lights, Camera, Ryukyu. Part 1

"So this is the place?" Izuku said as he stared up at the large studio building.

"Well, there's a giant sign with the words, 'The Mid-Show with Hoshi Hakai.' So~ I suppose we could have the wrong address." Ryukyu snarkily smiled as she pointed.

The boy turned to look at the sign. "Oh... right."

"That's a super obvious sign." Eri concurred with a nod.

Izuku looked down at himself. "Yeah, it is..."

To put it mildly, our green hero had been out of it since this trip started.

His short intern shift today had gone by in a flash before he even realised it, and he still had no idea how to properly face Ryukyu or solve the problem.

He had been brainstorming since yesterday for ideas on the Dozer hole. Izuku figured if he had something to offer Ryukyu, he could finally talk with some level of confidence and admit his guilt.

He was hesitant to push the All-Might button without Ryukyu's permission, so he tried planning his own ideas, partly as a backup strategy. Sadly, much like the dragon woman herself, he had nothing concrete.

Deku had thought of everything, from bribing witnesses to somehow convincing Neito Monoma from 1-B to copy Overhaul's Quirk and use it to fix the hole.

But bribery was, of course, unheroic and unethical. That, and the only way he could see convincing Monoma was to enlist the help of principal Nezu and force the snide douche nozzle to do it. But Izuku was worried that this might lead to a news headline that read, 'UA forces child labourers paired with villains to fix streets.'

While Monoma might've deserved to be treated like discount human cattle, UA's rep is terrible enough right now. That garbage fire didn't need any more fuel.

That's not even getting into the slew of bureaucratic issues regarding copying a criminal like Overhaul's Quirk or the potential limitations of Monoma's Quirk that Izuku might not be aware of.

UA's resident architect and somehow Modern Literature teacher, Cementoss, was another idea. He could expedite the repair process, but again, that would require getting other people involved, something Izuku didn't feel he should do without consulting Ryukyu first.

So the greenette was stuck in a catch-22...

He needed to offer something to Ryukyu to talk to her-

-but he needed to speak to her first, so he could do that.

'Why is there no winning...?'

It was frustrating.

If it were anyone else, Izuku likely would have gone against their wishes, helping them the way he believed they needed to be...