Ch.8 - Adjust, Revise, Adjust again

Izuku was sitting by himself in the cafeteria of UA, eating a concerning amount of Katsu-don made by the one and only Lunch-Rush, a hero responsible for as many lives spared from starvation as spawning diet-related health concerns... Despite the pro's insistence that his Quirk only helps make food quickly without issues for people's health.

However, doctors were never quite sure. Since they couldn't quite piece together how his body processes food and creates it, the only thing they could confirm was that his food wasn't inherently hazardous.

It didn't help that Lunch-Rush repeatedly declined to give a clear-cut explanation, similar to All-Might refusing to talk about his Quirk.

Because of this, there were many rumours that Lunch-Rush's process was, in fact, incredibly gross, and if anyone knew, it would ruin him.

But these things didn't bother Izuku. The food tasted like how his Mum made it, and that's all that mattered.

'Mmmmm. This is so good. Who cares if Lunch-Rush makes this by regurgitating like a bird?'

Currently, the boy was by himself for a few reasons.

Firstly, Uraraka had said she needed to speak with Asui about something. She didn't say what it was, but apparently, it was urgent.

Secondly, Iida had class president duties to attend to.

Thirdly, Aoyama was still not great with cafeteria food and didn't want to be rude to Lunch-Rush by bringing his food there.

Lastly, while Todoroki was now trying to be more sociable, he still had to focus most of his time on getting a provisional license.

Izuku felt a little lonely, but more than anything, he was focused on scarfing down his food like a madman so he could get to Ryukyu's as quickly as possible.

He did not want to be late a second time...

His mind thought back to when he first stepped into Ryukyu's office... The boss scolding that almost ensued...

He shivered. 'Never again.'

Just then, Izuku heard a cough near him. He turned to face the direction of the cough, where he met eyes with one of his classmates.

"Uh... can I eat here, Midoriya?" Said Denki Kaminari.

"Uh, sure, Kaminari." Izuku nodded quizzically.

"Cool!"

Denki smiled and made his way to sit down next to Izuku. What followed was a long, awkward silence.

Izuku's eyes switched back and forth between Kaminari and the chopstick load of Katsu-don held awkwardly up to his open mouth.