Ch.48 - My relationship academia

*A note before you start. This chapter has a gross section you are free to skip. I will indicate when it starts and ends.*

A scarred individual stalked the dark halls of a vast concrete complex, sterile and lifeless.

The individual opened a door that he came to, and waiting for him on the other side was a man in a massive, dark-metal suit, standing over a desk littered with documents with his back turned.

The scarred villain, Dabi, folded his arms. "You wanted to see me, Solace?"

The metal titan turned, making heavy footsteps echo from the ground. "Indeed, I did. You and I need to talk about your Quirk."

"What about it?"

"Perhaps you've already forgotten, but the doctor and I had a great deal of trouble fixing you up after discovering how much damage you caused yourself thanks to that stunt you pulled with those enhancers. You should know your body can't cope with your Quirk's heat."

Dabi struck back with a dry glare. "I do know, and it's my business what I do with my Quirk. I don't need a lecture."

Solace replied with an equally dry and mechanical huff through his modulator. "Here's the problem, Dabi. So long as I'm acting as the League's field medic, your propensity to destroy yourself is my business. The last thing I need is a suicidal maniac to babysit. The strain my Quirk puts on me is enough hassle, not to mention that there is only so much it can do for seared wounds that can no longer heal properly."

He then gestured to the young man's body, still covered with dark scars despite his efforts.

To say he and the doctor had a difficult time would be an understatement. They found that Dabi was scorched from the inside out. Many organs needed tissue replacements and grafts to function again.

But even now, the stability of his body is questionable.

Dabi rolled his eyes. "Then don't use your Quirk on me. I never asked anyone to take care of me."

"That's not my call to make. It's your superior's. So unless you want to hear Shigaraki complain about my rising rates due to a sociopathic arsonist, I suggest you be more cautious from now on."

The young villain clicked his tongue. There was no sign of compassion—only annoyance—in the metal doctor's words.

"It seems like everyone we hire lately loves being a pain in my ass... But fine, whatever. However, I make no promises about doing what's necessary."

"That's fine, but if what's 'necessary' does come to pass, make sure there's nothing of yourself left to save me the trouble."

With a sneer, Dabi turned to leave, but he looked at the desk again, all the documents laid out, curiosity holding his anger captive.