Ch.41 - Meet the Tatsumas

"In other news, the attack on Tarisu has been resolved swiftly, and the villains responsible have been detained. Thanks in no small part to the pro hero, Mandalay, aiding the police with her Quirk and Ryukyu, discovering the ring leader's location and apprehending him..."

'Looks like news is getting around...'

Ryuko had gotten up early and was eating breakfast in her kitchen while watching the news. She wanted to be ready since she was so stressed about what might happen today.

She had realised there might be more at stake than Izuku getting chewed out...

Her mother might pick up on the mark, especially with Izuku and herself present.

The current reporter was interrupted by the co-reporter next to them.

"Speaking of Ryukyu, an intern of hers has garnered some fame after a video of him singlehandedly taking down one of Tarisu's most infamous villains, Scourge, was put on social media, which we'll play for you now."

"The following contains heavy depictions of violence, so viewer discretion is advised..."

Ryuko went wide-eyed as the screen changed, showing Izuku breathing worriedly as he stared at Scourge...

"What's the matter, Deku? You look pale."

"Do I? Maybe you're projecting."

The dragoness watched as Izuku charged the villain with his asura-style, the whole brawl between the pair playing out before her... right up to the point where the boy got stabbed by the Scourge's stinger.

"GAHHH!!"

Ryuko tensed as she watched Izuku collapse to the floor, her whole body shaking as nails dug into her palms.

Logically, she knew that this was in the past, that the boy was fine now... but seeing agony on his face as he writhed made her sick, furious, and horrified.

"...You should've listened to me, kid."

As the footage showed Scourge walking away, leaving Izuku to die, Ryuko could feel her blood boiling. An immense urge to find where the villain had been taken to make him suffer ran through her whole being.

But then the boy began to get up, slowly. The hostages yelled at him, begging him to stay down and wait for help. It made no sense, but part of her wished he had listened to them.

"You should really listen to them... You couldn't handle an A-Rank villain before. And you sure as hell can't do it now."

"C-Rank... B-Rank... A-rank. It doesn't matter.-"