Ch.22 - Lights, Camera, Ryukyu. Part 2

'I don't think I'll ever be comfortable going up on stage.'

At least you're handling it better than the first time you got interviewed.

'Don't remind me...'

Ryuko withheld a groan as the stage lights cast themselves down upon her, lighting her up as she walked onto the stage, the Jazz band doing its thing as she moved towards Hakai.

She was never a big fan of the PR and social aspects of being a hero. It always gave her some anxiety, even after all these years. It wasn't that Ryuko was cripplingly anti-social or hyper-reclusive; she could talk to people if she had to, but she was definitely more of an introvert than an extrovert.

It took a long time for Ryuko to get to where she is now with handling cameras and stages. But she forced herself to do it until she could handle it. 'Fake it till you make it,' as the old saying goes.

Ryuko waved to the audience with a smile as they applauded. But the heroine couldn't tell whether that sentiment was genuine or the vast majority did it out of a sense of obligation. Staring strenuously into the audience to figure that out was ill-advised and would only make her look strange on camera.

Her focus needed to be on Hakai.

With that said, she could spot a familiar set of green and white hair waving at her. It was good to know that there were people on her side here...

'Wait...'

Only then did she notice someone else who was familiar. A shock of twin blue flames contained inside a milky shell.

'Is that... JINZO!? WHAT ON EARTH IS HE DOING HERE!?'

The skeleton, realising he'd been noticed, offered an awkward wave, as it took almost all of Ryuko's might to not scowl at the audience.

'He better not be here on business. There are going to be words later...'

Oh, lay off, Ryuko. At least he showed up to support us.

'I suppose...'

She relented, using this to fuel a smile as she moved to sit in the guest chair next to Hakai and his fancy desk.

'Not the most uncomfortable chair I've sat in...'

You sure? Cause your heart rate says otherwise.

'I thought you were going to leave this to me.'