Ch.46 - Running start

Officer Naomasa Tsukauchi followed a guard as he navigated through meandering hallways, unbothered by his surroundings.

"How much further?"

"Not much."

The officer had come to Tartarus in light of the recent events in Okinawa. Questions needed to be answered, and there were only so many sources the police could reach currently.

The guard stopped in front of a large door. "Here we are; there are guards, but I shouldn't have to remind you to be careful anyway. Every villain on this level is incredibly dangerous."

Tsukauchi nodded sternly. "I know. Trust me."

The guard reached for a panel on the wall and disengaged the lock, the metal door opening with a loud creak.

The officer quickly went inside, where he spotted what seemed like a metal coffin, but its true nature was revealed as he got closer.

The coffin was more like a slim, heavy-metal diving suit, airtight and leaning against the wall where large air canisters were plugged in at the back.

As Tsukauchi got closer, a voice echoed from the coffin-like suit. "Oh... You? I didn't expect to see you again. I half expected you to be dead after facing Gigantomachia."

He huffed a half-laugh back. "I almost did, but Gran-Torino is known as one of the fastest heroes for a reason."

"Tsk, hard to believe that old man maintains that status. The Quirk Doom's Day theory would imply that he should've been replaced by a better version by now."

"Goes to show what we all understand about Quirks, Kurogiri."

Tsukauchi narrowed his eyes, assessing the teleporting villain's current predicament.

The slim metal suit was designed to contain Kurogiri and prevent him from teleporting. As the management of Tartarus had learned, the villain had to fulfil several requirements to use his Quirk...

Firstly, the smoke he generates must achieve a high density.

Secondly, the smoke must form a shape, typically a circle, large enough to allow an object to pass through.

Lastly, the smoke must be projected a distance from his body due to the density problem. Kurogiri's body and the smoke can't occupy the same space if he wants to make a portal.

With these limitations in mind, Tartarus devised this airtight, form-fitting suit to encase the villain, preventing all these requirements from being achievable.

Now when it's described as 'form-fitting,' it is 'form-fitting.' The metal was tightly wrapped around each individual part of the villain's body. One could notice where fingers and ears were because it was so snug.