Ch.25 - Catch up session

Note: I should preface that the following events of this chapter technically take place before the previous chapter. Stuff I forgot to cover. XD

"Well, your theory about your new 'limbs' seems accurate."

Shuzenji Chiyo, also known as Recovery-Girl, poured over some test results.

Izuku lit up in response. "So the tendrils are connected to my nerves?"

"Quite. But there was something else that I picked up on the scans..."

She flicked her gaze at Izuku and All-Might, her eyes hard as the duo became unnerved.

The mentor-successor combo had decided to pay a visit to Recovery-Girl about the new developments in One-For-All and see if they could narrow down some uncertainties and help give Izuku a clear direction to take with his newfound abilities.

The boy had yet to contact the previous wielders since the first time. They hadn't reached him in his sleep, and he still wasn't confident in pumping One-For-All into his brain for lack of a solution.

After all, you can't pump iron with your mind to make it stronger.

As such, questions like...

When is the next Quirk coming?

What is the best use of black-whip?

What Quirks will be available?

...were all entirely up in the air.

Obviously, Izuku didn't expect Recovery-Girl to be able to answer most of these questions. However, she could perhaps tell him if she has noticed any changes in his body and whether or not any of them seem alarming.

Izuku wasn't 100% convinced that the way he used black-whip wasn't causing long-term damage. It did really sting to use at first, after all.

As for his mentor's presence, All-Might tagged along, having a healthy curiosity about anything related to One-For-All and possessing a vested interest in Izuku's well-being.

Now, hearing that Recovery-Girl had found something and didn't seem pleased about it, the student and the teacher were starting to sweat in their seats.

'I hope black-whip hasn't given me a terminal illness or something...' Izuku gulped.

All things considered, the well-seasoned hero doctor had taken the new information regarding One-For-All quite well. Hell, she just took it in stride and started running the tests.

Which really made Izuku wonder what All-Might and his mentor had put the nurse through to be this unfazed...

Recovery-Girl gestured. "You mentioned having concerns about your new Quirk causing you unnoticed issues... Well, you don't have to worry about that. In fact, what I found was quite the contrary."