Ch.40 - Post-modern loose ends

"Look, I didn't contact the league! They aren't in Tarisu, and I tried to keep this in-house. That way, I only had to worry about keeping you and the TPD in the dark."

"Hmm, very well, that will be all for now, Mr. Denwa."

The room was dark.

A wide mirror was in the back with a table in the centre and a chair on either side.

Jam-Rock was in one, Chief Zasshu in the other.

The police chief stood up from the table, gathering himself and maintaining a harsh attitude. Leaving the space, the canine man walked to the next room, where the wide one-sided mirror peered at the interrogation.

Ryukyu, Endeavour, Hawks, Miruko, Mandalay, and Wash were all here.

The bulldog cleared his throat. "So, thoughts?"

The flaming hero spoke first. "I still find it hard to believe that the league had nothing to do with this."

The feathered pro shrugged. "Not everything's always connected, big guy. There were no Nomu, which are like the league's calling cards."

The human washing machine cracked his knuckles as he stared at Jam-Rock through the glass. "Maybe I should head in there and make sure for myself..."

The chief raised his hand. "No need for that. I found someone who should be able to make him crack if he has anything left."

*SLAM*

Suddenly, Miss-Blitz appeared, her hands wrapped in bandages, forcing open the interrogation room door.

She looked furious. "I KNEW IT WAS YOU, ORENJI!!"

The villain paled immediately. "Sh-Shinku?-"

He then looked her over before cringing like he was eating living snails.

"-What are you wearing!?"

"It's my hero-suit! If you had been around in the past four years, you'd know I graduated and became a pro!"

He covered his face with a grimace. "You wear that out in public!? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!? I CAN'T EVEN TELL WHERE I'M SUPPOSED TO PUT MY EYES! Freakin' hell!"

"They're called tights, and plenty of heroes wear them, buster!"

"There are tights, and then there are vacuum-sealed suits!!"

"Look, it's not like I'm dressed like Midnight!"

"YOU MIGHT AS WELL BE AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED!!"