Ch.7 - Growing Pains

"So, let me get this straight...-"

Ryuko was currently pinching the bridge of her nose, trying to simultaneously process what was happening and keep herself calm in the face of what might be the most insane day she's ever had.

"-Not only can you inform me when I'm about to be attacked, but you're also the one who controls my healing abilities and can keep me conscious in a fight?"

Pretty much. But don't rely on the recovery too much. Aside from the scales I grow to keep you from bleeding out. The actual healing is just me speeding up what your body usually does for the most part.

Ryuko sighed. "So, it's like Recovery-Girl's Quirk. Which means overuse will leave me exhausted?"

Bingo!

The dragon nodded.

Sighing once more, with frustration plastered to her face, Ryuko continued.

"Then let me ask this. WHAT ON EARTH DOES ANY OF THIS HAVE TO DO WITH A DRAGON QUIRK?! And while I'm at it, WHY THE HELL ARE YOU SHOWING UP NOW!?!"

Whoa! Whoa... Ok, calm down there, sister, one question at a time.

The dragon gestured at her, then swept with a free claw to space around them.

Firstly, I have no idea why we have these abilities. For all I know, the god of Quirks just decided.-

'Hey! You know what? This Quirk ain't cool enough. Let's put a voice in their head that has a poor man's spidey-sense and a poorer man's mutant healing factor!'

-...Wow, we have a lot of peripheral Marvel knowledge.

Ryuko huffed, ignoring the dragon's off-topic comment. "How can you not know!? You seem to be practically all-knowing so far."

Girl, I just became fully conscious like... twenty minutes ago. I don't know, Jack.

Ryuko quirked a brow. "fully?"

Yeah, 'fully.' I was in this weird limbo up until now. Most of your life is like snippets and small details that I'm still piecing together. So, pardon me for not being 'all-knowing!'

Tempest motioned with air quotes.

Ryuko calmed slightly. "So, that's why you showed up now. You just woke up."

Yeah, pretty much, and before you ask, no, I don't know why I woke up. But if I had to guess, it probably has to do with you being more wound-up than I've ever felt from you before.