Ch.9 - Of Debts and Cataclysms

"...That's a lot to swallow." Asui croaked.

Uraraka hummed in agreement.

"Yeah, I mean, a dragon Quirk just like Ryukyu's... Many people have similar Quirks, like Kirishima and that steel guy from 1-B... But two people who aren't related to each other having identical Quirks is unheard of."

Izuku nodded. "Yeah... it surprised me too."

"More or less surprising than having a kid with Ryukyu? *ribbit*." Tsuyu jabbed.

The boy blushed, looking at the street next to them. "...I'm proud to say that I'm now smart enough to not respond to that."

The girls couldn't help but chuckle.

Ryukyu's 'young justice' was now a fair way into their patrol.

During this time, Izuku had given the girls his understanding of the Valiant and Ryukyu situation, minus some personal issues, even as uncomfortable as this was for him.

While Izuku had gradually gotten better about his frustration towards his other self, there was still a part of him that was a tad bitter. Even with his inner Aizawa chewing him out for being so illogical.

Uraraka suddenly spoke. "You know, it just occurred to me... Do we have a game plan for what to do if we run into a villain? Things are slightly different now that Dekun is here and Ryukyu isn't."

Nejire shrugged. "I figured we'd just wing it.-"

All the younger heroes, even Froppy, made faces that screamed. 'Oh, god! I just realised Nejire's in charge!'

The blue hero reached into a small bag tied to her waist.

"If worst comes to worst, though, we have these super-nifty villain cuffs."

She pulled out a pair of teched-out-looking handcuffs, causing the agitated students to somewhat relax.

Those handcuffs were specially designed to restrain people with even the toughest Quirks. The cuffs were nigh impossible to melt and were even harder to break, even for those with powerful strength-enhancing Quirks. They would also taser the wearer if they tried to get them off. Just in case the person had a Quirk that would let them simply slip out of the cuffs.

Nejire smiled. "All we gotta do is subdue them and slap these babies on them. The police can then handle the rest. I even brought five of'em just in case, and just look at us. We can handle a villain or two, right?"

Izuku scratched the back of his head. "I suppose so. It just feels... Kinda complacent to me, even if there haven't been many villains on Ryukyu's turf lately."

Nejire patted Izuku repeatedly on the head. "Don't worry, noobie. Just follow my orders, and everything will be fine!"