Ch.53 - Compromised

*BOOM!!*

*BOOM!!*

*CRASH!!*

"Gragh!!"

Shigaraki tumbled over, barely scrambling to his feet after rolling in the dirt. As other league members breathed exhaustedly around him, the young villain leader stared up angrily.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? DON'T YOU WANT TO SAVE SENSEI!?"

Above Shigaraki stood a figure of muscle and twisted flesh towering over the young villain and all the trees around them—a mountain monstrosity shaped like a man. The creature stared down at him, snarling.

"YOU. LIE!! MASTER. NOT. WEAK!! MASTER. NOT. IN. PRISON!!"

The monster slammed down its fist in rage.

*BOOM!!*

Shigaraki barely rolled away as a huge crater materialised in the earth. Ground and rubble were thrown in every direction as the League members shielded themselves with their arms, barely holding their footing in the wake of the quaking earth and explosive shockwave.

Dabi gritted his teeth. "This is ridiculous! He'll kill us at this rate. We have to fight back!"

Tomura shouted back. "Don't you dare! That will only make things worse! We need Gigantomachia on our side!"

Toga looked at Compress. "Maybe we should marble'em? Drop him on Tartarus later?"

Compress grumbled. "I can't compress something that big. I'd have to do it in chunks, rendering this oaf useless to us."

Tomura barked again. "Don't do anything unnecessary! We may primarily need him for Tartarus, but he could have many other uses if he cooperates!"

Twice shouted as he desperately ran to avoid getting crushed. "IF HE COOPERATES!! -WE'RE GONNA DIE!!"

Things had not been going well for the League of Villains. Much time had been taken to prep for the retrieval of Gigantomachia—recovering from their previous defeat, integrating their newest member, Solace, and Shigaraki learning as much as possible from what the Doctor could tell him about the monster...

What made him tick, what his goals were, and the like. Through it, the young villain learned that Gigantomachia was obsessed with his sensei...

A tool that only lived to serve...

A willing slave through and through.

In Shigaraki's mind, the path was obvious. Tell Gigantomachia that his master was imprisoned and needed to be saved, and he would work with them for anything they needed...