Ch.11 - Checks and balances

"Can someone please get me a replacement? This water's only adding to the mess now."

Nejire asked, cringing at the grimy, tainted mop as it was lifted out of the bucket.

"Coming right up!" Izuku called, rushing over with a rag in hand.

"It's a good thing I decided to keep my suit on. It's making cleaning easier." Uraraka murmured as she floated against the ceiling, dusting the hard-to-reach areas.

Ryukyu immediately put the teens to work when they returned. Switching off the robot janitors with the master controls.

The interns were to spend the rest of the day tidying, which wasn't too bad since the robots were already partway through their cleaning cycle.

Eri had attempted to assist her father figure, but Ryukyu had stated that this was a punishment and that she couldn't help them. On that note, Eri returned to the penthouse to play video games solo, quite disappointed.

All the students were still suited up, and most were utilising their Quirk to make things easier.

Asui was outside scrubbing the windows by using the wet adhesion in her hands and feet to cling to the glass. However, Ryukyu had directed her to use a safety harness, just in case.

Apparently, Ryukyu had a lot of spare equipment just lying around.

Uraraka had used her control over gravity and floated around the higher walls and ceilings to scrub and dust accordingly.

Nejire would've liked to use her powers as well, but due to firing off multiple high-powered blasts at Dozer, she was moderately spent, so keeping herself in the air for long periods would've been a bit risky. That and Nejire's means of flight weren't indoor-friendly in the first place, particularly when she's tired and her self-control isn't all there.

As a result, the bluette was assigned to mope duty.

Izuku was with Nejire on the ground, running around with full-cowling, sweeping and wiping floors and walls wherever he went. However, he couldn't go all out all the time since some areas required more finesse and delicacy.

Coincidentally, it forced him to control One-For-All better, switching back and forth rapidly and carefully refining his output to not break anything.

At least he was getting something out of this.

"And here's a new bucket, filled with clean water... I'm surprised it got that dirty."

He said, eyeing the old bucket with a gaze not unlike fear.

Nejire groaned. "Me too..."

Izuku scratched the back of his head with regret. "I'm sorry about this, Nejire... I should've thought more before I acted... You shouldn't be stuck doing this."