Ch.15 - Honesty, a remedy for fools

It was lunchtime again, and Izuku Midoriya was sitting with his circle of friends.

Iida, who was free for the moment from his presidential duties,

Uraraka, who had also invited Asui since they would be going to Ryukyu's soon,

Todoroki, who was invited at the last moment as he walked by,

and the new addition of Kaminari, eating boisterously and keeping abnormally quiet. Probably because Uraraka and Asui were around, and any discussion topics he could think of were far from appropriate.

"So... when did you and Kaminari become friends, Dekun?" Uraraka asked.

Izuku paused before delivering a fresh salvo of food into his mouth. "Last week, we just talked at lunch...-"

The boy blushed, trying to find words to describe what happened without mentioning any saucy details.

"-And bonded..."

"Huh. I didn't think you two would have much to talk about... No offence, Kaminari." She waved at the boy in question.

"None taken." The zappy blonde shrugged.

Asui looked at Denki. "Also, no offense, but this group doesn't seem like your kinda crowd, Kaminari. *ribbit*."

He chuckled back awkwardly. "I guess it isn't... I'm just trying to adjust, I guess. Make new friends now that me and Mineta don't talk much."

Iida nodded approvingly. "It's a good change, Kaminari. Mineta has always been an awful influence on the class."

Both the girls nodded sagely at the remark.

"Thanks, Prez," Denki said genuinely.

Uraraka pondered for a moment. "Speaking of Mineta... he's also been different lately, like super quiet and reserved."

Asui brought a finger to her cheek. "Yeah, I haven't had to smack him for a while now. *ribbit* It's kinda nice, honestly."

Iida cupped his chin in thought. "Perhaps he's finally learned his lesson and taken the proper steps to be a true hero!" He chopped.

Asui scoffed. "I'll believe that when I see it. *croak*."

Denki nodded. "Yeah, he's always been stubborn. I can vouch for that much..."

From the corner of his vision, Denki spotted something. He swivelled his head, facing the eerie shadow.

And he saw it...

From outside, pressed against the glass of the cafeteria windows, was Mineta... staring at him with cold, dead eyes that were both dismayed and menacing as they pierced Denki's soul.