Ch.49 - A time of mediation

A vast, dark expanse contrasted by a cascade of colours sprawling across its sky lay lifeless in this seemingly forgotten world of time. Yet at its centre was what seemed a contradiction to all...

A gigantic table, a massive, circular, perfectly furnished table that was almost illuminated in contrast to the darkness that surrounded it.

The people seated around the table added to the surreal image.

A bald-headed man with goggles,

A woman with dark, raven hair,

A man with a scar across his face,

A dark-haired man with a collared jacket that covered half his visage,

A man with white hair that covers much of his face,

A stern man with crimson eyes,

Another man with questionable tastes and interests,

And last but not least, a truck-sized dragoness.

If this colourful cast weren't already a sight in this almost empty expanse, they certainly would be, given the fact they were all holding playing cards with poker chips sitting in front of them.

Hikage Shinomori scrunched the scar on his face as he scowled at his cards before he sighed. "I fold..."

Banjo snickered. "Man, ya always fold."

"I know when I'm outmatched." He frowned as his bold compatriot smirked.

"An' how can yous know when ya haven't checked out our cards? Ya jus assumin' like usual."

Hikage narrowed his eyes before rolling them as the others continued the game.

Tempest, with childlike glee, shoved in all her giant-sized poker chips.

I'm going all in!!

Nana looked at the dragon with a weary, cocked eyebrow. "Tempest, that's the third time in a row you've done that, and you've lost every time."